His eyes are closing without him even knowing, he's drifting away just looking at that one spot in the corner thinking about his father, how he died to keep him safe, so he was told.

In minutes, Grian had drifted off to sleep without knowing that this may be the last peaceful night he has.

<Seven years ago>

Scar and Grian were running through the streets as a couple of soldiers were trying to keep up with them. Grian had been pulled into more of Scar's shenanigans as usual, and this time, he had stolen from their favourite butcher, VintageBeef.

He provides the best meat there is in the kingdom, and he's a really nice guy aswell, he gives away meat sometimes to save waste or to someone who genuinely needs it.

But right now, Scar didn't need it. He does it for the thrill. He enjoys stealing and usually pays it back anyway, when they know it was him at least.

This time doesn't seem so good. They're gaining on them, and the two are running out of places to go, and Scar can see that, in a hurry, he decides to push Grian in an alleyway and continue running to keep Grian from getting caught, as they only care about the person with the beef anyway.

Scar looks behind him to see two soldiers catching up on him, but while he is turned around, he bashes into Xb, one of the blacksmiths here, and formerly a soldier and scientist, he was very good at both of them, he's perfect in every way.

"Oh, sorry, are you okay?" Xb asks, looking down at the kid who had bashed into him before a soldier grabbed Scar's arm

"This little menace has been stealing again, haven't you, Scar?" One of the soldiers asks as Scar only nods his head.

"Well, make sure to get his family to pay it back." Xb smiles waving at Scar, and the soldiers before walking away.

Grian watches all of this happen as the soldiers drag Scar back to Vintagebeef to give back the beef.

"Thank you, il pay for him you want, he's a good friend of mine aren't you." Beef pulls out some coins as Scar looks up at him, smiling.

"No need, sir, new rules have been implemented where anyone caught stealing is to be dealt with by the king personally." One soldier says, putting his hand out to stop Vintagebeef from paying.

"Seriously? It doesn't cost much. I'll pay. it's no problem." Vintagebeef tries again, but the soldier just grabs his arm lightly

"Sorry sir, it's the new rules." The soldier sighs as the king comes walking down the main street with his hand.

"What do we have here?" He asks, looking down at the child who is miniature in comparison to him.

"A thief, sir, and not the first time." the soldier says with his hands crossed, looking at Scar, who seems frightened.

Grian tried to run over to defend his friend, but another well-known citizen, Joe Hills, put his arm out in front of him.
"You don't want to be in the same position, Grian." He looks down with a worried look in his eyes, like he knows what's about to happen.

"What should we do with him, Bdubs?" Ren asks, looking back at his hand.

"I don't know, my king, maybe make his family pay it off and let the kid go." Bdubs suggests as Ren kneels down, looking into Scar's eyes.

"But then you'll do it again, won't you, kid?" Ren asks, considering this isn't the first time.

"Then what do you suggest, my king?" His hand asks.

"We need to set an example, banish him." Ren says as he sees the boys' eyes widen and everyone around them silence themselves in shock.

"Did i hear that right? Did you say banish?" VintageBeef asks as shocked as anyone.