There was something strange. There were no people in the pool.

She took a deep breath before opening the door. Inside, it was brightly lit and warmer than she expected.

This place was empty. Everything was peculiarly quiet.

The cafeteria was empty, not even Mrs. Gordon was there.

That was strange. Mrs. Gordon always ran this mini-cafe on campus, and she would arrive long before everyone else to prepare her delicious sandwiches, croissants and salads, and her coffee was amazing!

Why was everything so quiet?

No...

There was noise, murmurs, girls screaming their voices, boys laughing like idiots.

Jade went further and further into the school until she exited through one of the corridors towards the entrance hall. The interior was huge, purple walls, with many stairs and a giant black chandelier above.

There was a crowd, people screaming, girls swooning, and teachers running around sweating in their fine tailoring.

In the centre of the hurricane, this donut made of people, there was something that had caught the attention of the whole school.

"They're going to shoot a video here!" Jade heard a girl talking to her friend. "Can you believe it?"

"We are going to be famous!" the other girl replied.

"Excuse me," Jade reached out a hand to take one of the girls by the shoulder, "What's going on?"

“Didn't they tell you last night?" the second girl mocked and took out her phone. "Zeth posted that they were coming to school this morning."

And then it all made sense.

Jade was stunned, her coffin-shaped bag falling off her shoulder and her arms dangling like noodles.

"There she is!" shouted a basketball player Jade didn't know.

The whole school turned to look at her at the same time.

"This must be a fucking joke," Jade told herself, "It can't be... THEM!"

Out of the crowd and looking like a monster from a Kaiju movie, Everett straightened up, his torso sticking out from the tiny female fans, and then he looked at Jade, his gaze cold... But there was a slight, very slight, almost imperceptible smile on his marble face.

Behind him, Jade could make out Frank's black and white hair that reached Everett's shoulder, as well as Alex's brown hair.

At that moment, Jade knew that her destiny was tied to these boys, and there was no way to change it.

Jade crossed a sea of screaming fans, barely holding on to her sanity and her bag.

When she finally squeezed between two huge football players, she huffed and smoothed her hair, finally stepping into the circular space where all the members of the band were.

Zeth was taking a selfie with five girls.

Frank was carrying Mrs. Gordon bridal-style for a photo.

Finn was signing a poster next to Alex, who was a head taller and signing autographs for some girls.

“Finn!” Jade yelled, and the blond boy turned his head sharply. The blood drained from his face until he was as pale as flour. “Oh yes, sir! You are in trouble! Why did you upload the video to MY account? I told you it was for my friend! And how did you do that?!"

Zeth, who was about to sign a photo of himself, turned to look at Finn slowly, with lowered eyebrows.

“You did what?" Zeth tapped his foot.

"I...” Finn looked down, as if genuinely afraid of the band leader, "I just wanted to help."

“No silly dramas right now," said Everett, a giant among all those girls who were the same height as Jade. He was even gigantic compared to the tallest boy on the basketball team, who was almost as tall as Frank and Alex.

“We won't be drama queens in front of our fans, but wait till we get home, Finn," Zeth said after taking another selfie with a group of girls, handing the phone back to its owner.

“Finn. Because of you, my only friend is no longer my friend." Jade said, and the blonde lowered his head.

"Finn," Zeth snapped his fingers, "If you're going to get dramatic, get out of here with your girlfriend. We are working, and our image is the main attraction in this business. No drama!"

"We'll talk later. I see you're busy." Jade snorted and turned to leave.

“Wait!” Finn pulled her by the arm.

"Finn, I told you to leave with your girlfriend," Zeth said through gritted teeth.

"How afraid are you of Zeth that you let him control you like this, Finn?" Jade frowned, "Tell me, are you afraid of Zeth?"

“I...” Finn blushed, “I guess...”

“Finn, be a good boy and say no,” Zeth, whose face barely reached Finn's shoulder, looked up.

“No, I am not,” Finn lowered his gaze, but Zeth approached Jade, pretending to raise his own phone for a selfie, but his intentions were different.

“If you're going to get dramatic, you better leave. I don't want any scandal, it's nothing personal," Zeth whispered in Jade's ear, then looked up at Finn, "Finn, make sure to smile. Keep signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. Be professional."

It was almost terrifying, the control that this athletic boy with bandages around his forearms had over the blond, as if he didn't fear Finn's sharp teeth or his bulkier body. It was like watching a lifeguard tame a shark with one look.

Jade turned around, sobbing desperately, pushing people while trying to escape the eye of the storm.

“Don't you think you were too harsh with her?” Frank approached Zeth and asked with a low voice, "I was able to hear everything, you know, bionic hearing."

"But Zeth is right.” Said Alex, crossing his arms next to Frank, “We are working. It is not the right moment. I like Jade but...."

"I think Zeth did right thing," Everett agreed.

"I was worried that he was going to call Evie to kick her out of here," said Alycandro, "I'm glad you didn't do that, Zeth, because you and I would have had a problem."

"Oh! Are you threatening me for doing the right thing, Alycandro Alfaro?" Zeth crossed his arms, "That girl is right to be upset, but I will not allow her to make a scene here."

"But that girl left crying," Frank insisted, clenching his fists and turning red, raising his voice, "Zeth, you should apologise and..."

"Hey, we've never had a fight," Zeth snapped his fingers. "We're not starting now, let alone in front of the fans. I'll go talk to her later, okay? I know this will be resolved, but right now, our image is more important and you are making a scene."

"You're all overreacting," Everett said in his flat voice. "You look like children, because you're small too."

"Hey, speaking of children," Alex looked around, gasping. "Fuck! Where's Draco?!"