51|Prepare for Landing

Comincia dall'inizio

A brand new bottle of whiskey was sitting on the counter calling my name.

Papa must have bought it the last time he came here.

Seb immediately grabbed the bottle. "Eat first then you drink."

"Do you even know if he is okay?" I asked and he frowned.

"He will call when the job is done. He always does."

I grabbed the bottle from him and he grabbed it back.

"He is your best friend. Do you even care if he's okay or not?" I asked as I grabbed it back.

He pulled it again and purposely dropped the glass bottle on the floor.

It shattered to pieces.

"You can sleep in the first room on your left," I said before turning away and picking up the box that Enzo gave me.

I marched up to my room and shut the door behind me.

It's been a while.

Everything was still in tact. All my stuffed animals and dance CD's were at the side.

The closet filled with fabulous outfits was still there waiting to be worn.

I looked down on the box in front of me before closing my eyes as another memory hit me.

"Stop," I giggled as he showered me with kisses.

"Why should I?" He asked as he continued.

"Enzo," I laughed as he finally stopped giving me kisses all over my body.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as he buried his head in my stomach.

My fingers ran through his hair as I smiled. "Let's go to America together."

He laughed. "What?"

"You should see my room. I think you'll love you."

"I bet it's pink with dolls and shoes all over it."

I felt offended. "You're wrong. It's purple with teddy bears and my shoes are in my closet."

He laughed. "Okay then, Elianna. I would like to see your bedroom."

I wiped the tears off my eyes as I opened the box.

"Liar," I repeated as I ripped the wrapping paper off.

My knees weakened and I fell to the ground when I saw what was inside.

The box was filled with vanilla perfume, lotion, bath bombs, shampoo and conditioners.

I picked up the note with shaky hands.

I'm not really a gift giver so I hope you like it. -Enzo

I covered my mouth to muffle my cries so that Seb did not hear.

The door was knocked on.

I tried to steady my breaths and wipe my tears. "Yes?"

"Come downstairs and get a taste of chef Sebastian's food," he said proudly. "I was told you love pasta!"

I smiled a little as he tried to cheer me up. "I'll be down in a second."

I put away the box before washing my face then heading downstairs.

I covered my nose as I neared the kitchen.

"Don't be rude, Elle," Seb frowned and I immediately put down my hand.

I wasn't trying to be.

He started to share our plates and I gagged at the sight.

He paused. "Okay, stop it now. The joke is over."

"Seb, I'm sorry."

He rolled his eyes and handed me a fork. "Just eat."

I stared at the pasta as I held the fork.

The pasta looked good but for some reason it made me feel sick.

Seb was glaring at me to eat it so I closed my eyes and shoved the fork in my mouth.

As soon as I did that, I felt all the contents in my stomach coming up.

I dropped the fork and ran to the bathroom before throwing up.

Seb came by the door and handed me a paper towel.

"I'm so sorry, Seb. I wasn't trying to be rude."

He sighed before rubbing my back. "I know. You must have gotten sick from that long plane ride or something."

Pasta was the one thing that would've made me happy. Now it's making me sick.

"Is there anything else? Are you only feeling nauseous?" He asked me.

"There is one thing that seems off but I don't think the two are connected."

"Tell me," he said. "I almost wanted to be a doctor so maybe that could help."

"Almost?" I laughed. "My period is late but I think it's just stress."

He looked at me. "Have you and Enzo been-"

"No!"