33|Keep It Together

Elianna's POV

Seb and I at in his car as we drank our drinks.

He had just picked up Isabella and I from dance class.

I looked in the back and she was knocked out with ketchup all over her face.

I smiled as I grabbed a tissue and wiped her mouth.

"You're going to be a great mom," he said as I turned back around.

"You're talking as if I'm going to ever become one," I said as I played around with my straw.

He picked up some fries and ate them. "Maybe not now but you will."

"But Enzo-"

"He will. He must. He is the last of his bloodline. Everyone else is dead. Everyone knows and heard the rumours. Romano killed his remaining cousin last year."

I looked down. "Is that why he married me?"

He nodded. "Your papa is a smart man. He saw an opportunity so he took it."

"Do you think he is sleeping with anybody?" I asked and he laughed.

"Elle, if he was, he wouldn't have married you. Enzo is a busy man. He is consumed with work. There is no time for him to be messing around."

I relaxed a bit when I heard the chances of him cheating on me were low.

If he ever cheated on me, I would leave him.

Even if we aren't an actual couple, I still demand respect and I will never allow any man to cheat on me again.

If he brings up Haze then we will have to figure something out.

"Is that Romano man going to kill Enzo?" I asked. "Is that why Enzo wants to kill him first?"

He shook his head. "I don't think so. I thinks he just wanted Enzo is lose everything but my best friend is the toughest guy I know."

"What is Romano's problem?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Elle, Enzo said he does not want you knowing about Romano. I've said enough already."

"Fine," I said as he started the car.

He started smiling as he drove. "By the way, what did you tell Enzo?"

"What do you mean?

I laughed. "He came up to me yesterday and started ranting about how he doesn't mind wasting his 'energy' on me and that he is sorry for never calling me his best friend."

I held in my smile. "How did you know it was me?"

"Sorry for never calling you my best friend?" He asked as he looked at me for a quick second. "I didn't tell anybody else about that but you."

I gave in and smiled. "He wanted to know what he was doing wrong so I told him. Sorry for telling him."

"Are you kidding me!? If I had only known he was going to say that, I would've recorded our conversation and make that shit my ringtone."

I laughed. "You're so weird."

"You're changing him," he smiled.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not. I'm just helping him get through whatever darkness he is in."

He started dying of laughter. "Elle, that's the same way of saying what I just said only with more words."

"Whatever," I said as he stopped so that the security could open the gate.