1|End of Discussion

Elianna's POV

Six months has passed since I left America to come to the great Italy with papa.

It was horrible. Papa trained me to fight everyday but it was all worth it.

Haze was happy in college with Eve, thriving in the football world just like he promised me.

He was doing good and being free. As for me, things were a bit different.

I knew the day was coming but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Papa had arranged a marriage for me.

I didn't want to get married. I didn't even want to be in a relationship.

After Jace cheated, I was heartbroken. I don't want to be close to any man especially some random bald, old man with a stomach that is twice his head.

Whether or not I wanted it to happen, it was happening.

That was the deal I made with papa. I would go to Italy and I knew what that entailed.

So here we were, sitting in papa's office waiting for the old man, who obviously couldn't tell time, to meet me.

Papa checked his watch for the sixth time.

Sixty minutes. That man was an hour late!

"Papa, maybe he is not coming. Even if he does, tell him he has wasted your time so the deal is off."

Over the past few months while I was down here, I have come to realized how scary papa was.

I thought he was bad enough whenever he dealt with Haze but here? He is a monster.

These people here are dangerous. Most of them carry guns and papa has armed security at our house.

It's very different from back home.

"Princess, this man we are dealing with is no joke. I know you are upset from his tardiness but you must be well behaved when he comes. He is dangerous and will kill you or me without a thought."

"So why must I marry him?" I shouted. "Is that the fate you want for me? Some psycho killing me because I didn't cook his eggs good enough?"

"Princess-"

"Mariano is coming!"

Papa was cut off by a guard.

Papa instantly looked up and fixed himself.

I've never seen him try so hard for anybody.

I turned to the door and waited to see the man I cursed myself to spend the rest of my life with.

From the way how papa speaks of him, my life with him probably wouldn't be that long anyway.

It's better than making my baby brother come and work for such a man. If anything would've ever happened to Haze, I would never forgive myself.

I pray he is close to death's age so I wouldn't suffer for too long.

Five more minutes passed before heavy footsteps could be heard approaching the office.

I closed my eyes until I heard the door open.

My eyes widened at the sight.

There he walked in confidently, sharply dressed in an all black suit with his black, silky hair neatly brushed to the back.

He was fifty years younger than I expected. He couldn't have been any older than twenty eight.

Who knows, some people age like fine wine.