24|Tired of Me

Elianna's POV

"It was so horrible, Luca. I ended up crying myself to sleep," I told Luca as we stood outside my bedroom door.

I mean he didn't really answer me but I know he was listening because he occasionally looked down on me when I said something crazy.

He was the only one I had to talk to in this house. Seb only came here when he had something to say to Enzo.

"I've been ignoring Haze's calls because I can't pretend to be happy anymore. I can't fake my smiles and I don't want him to feel guilty for any of this, you know?"

I stopped talking so I didn't start crying again.

I've never cried so much in my life before. Not even when mom died.

Dance class started in an hour, I can't walk in looking sad.

Luca placed his hand on my shoulder and started to pat it.

I smiled. "I'm growing on you, aren't I?"

His mouth twitched a little. He was trying to smile but my smile was too contagious. He started to smile and I smiled even harder.

This was my first time seeing him smile or showing any emotion for a matter of fact.

One thing about Enzo is that he is going to make his employees act as miserable as him but he can never make them actually be.

He can make them pretend all he wants but they are all still better people than him.

Enzo's office door slammed and I could see him watching us from the end of the hallway. He seemed to be annoyed.

Luca and I immediately dropped our smiles and he walked away.

Luca started walking and naturally I followed him.

We walked outside to where Enzo was standing next to his car.

"Get in," he ordered while he texted on his phone.

I looked at Luca then back to him. "What? No! Luca usually takes me to dance class."

He put away his phone then looked at me. "Well I am taking you today."

"No." I folded my arms. "I don't want you to."

He scoffed. "Elianna, I wasn't asking you. I was telling you."

"But Luca waits on me. You wouldn't," I tried to convince him. I don't want to spend anymore time with him than I need to.

"I will," he said as he opened the passenger door for me. "Now get in."

I sighed before dragging myself into the car.

"Take the rest of the day off," he said to Luca before closing my door and getting in the drivers seat.

We started driving in the usual silence before he made an unusual turn.

"This is not the way to my dance class. You were supposed to go straight. You're going the wrong way," I told him.

"I'm making a quick stop," he sighed.

I looked outside the window immediately after hearing the tone of his voice.

He sounded tired of talking to me and it hurt me.

I'm beginning to believe that all that mean stuff he said about me being annoying was actually true and not just him angrily shouting hurtful words to me.

Was I so bad that we can't live like civilized adults? I don't know what I did to deserve any of this shit that he constantly gives me.

He is the one who agreed to marry me.