I sat down on the forest floor, right where I'd been standing, perching my elbows on top of my bent knees and running my hands through my hair.

"What did you mean about Jake?" I asked, still trying to process the rest.

"He's my best friend, Trina. He's been in love with you for ages and I couldn't just stab him in the back by telling him I had imprinted on you." He said, sitting down himself.

"I'm not in love with Jacob. He's only my best friend and I've made it very clear to him that it's all he'll ever be. He has no sort of claim on me. If that were the case then he would have imprinted on me, not you. Obviously, he didn't. You're going to have to tell him, Embry. Wait, how did you keep it from him in the pack mind?" I questioned curiously.

"I had Sam alpha order me and the others not to think about it when Jake was phased in." He explained.

"We're going to have a talk about your selflessness later, but first there's something I feel like I need to tell you." I muttered nervously, wondering how I was going to approach it.

"You can tell me anything." He responded honestly. I took a deep breath.

"You're going to think I'm crazy, but I've lived this before, the next 6 months actually. Obviously not this version of it, because I never knew you imprinted on me..." I mumbled the last part.

"You've lived this before?" He asked, unsure.

"It's hard to explain. I don't know how it happened, but I was 6 months in the future and I was somehow brought back to just a minute before you pulled me back on the cliff. In my other life, I'd jumped." I told him, somehow sensing his panic at my words.

"You jumped?" He questioned with an unreadable expression.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself, if that's what you're wondering, even if I did almost die doing it." I replied quickly.

"You said 6 months in the future. Why were you 'brought back'?" He asked, diverting the conversation away from my near-death experience.

"There was a voice in my head right before you showed up. She told me things... I have to fix what I did wrong before. The voice said it wasn't my destiny to—" I cut myself off.

"To what?"

"To marry Edward Cullen." I replied.

His fists clenched and he looked away.

"You were going to marry him?" He asked me quietly.

"I was—It was the night before my wedding when I was brought back." I replied cautiously. His eyes were now closed.

"And after?"

I knew what he was asking me. Would I have been changed?

"I think you already know the answer to that." I muttered quietly, looking away from him.

Silence. Heartbreaking silence.

"Is that what you want?" He finally asked after a long while.

His voice sounded almost choked. I stood up and walked over to where he was sitting, taking a seat directly in front of him, reaching forward. I placed my hand under his chin and lifted upward to make him look at me. His eyes were misty and it made me instantly wonder how I hadn't known before. How could I have possibly been so selfish, wanting all of the aesthetics and immortality that being a vampire provided?

"I did... before." I replied honestly.

"Now?"

"Not anymore." I told him. "I was selfish. I can't- wont- be selfish anymore. I've realized that I have too much to live for."

"And If he comes back?" He asked, sounding more relieved than before, but still worried.

"That's not my destiny anymore. I hate to say that it took being brought back in time and a voice inside my head to realize that." I muttered. "Maybe I realized it before and just couldn't do anything about it... I don't know."

A howl rung out through the forest and Embry stood immediately.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." He told me before running off behind a tree. I walked closer and saw a beautiful dark gray wolf standing in the forest. He looked over at me and I walked forward, somehow knowing he wouldn't hurt me.

He stood absolutely still as I approached. I raised my hand to run my fingers over his muzzle and up behind his ear. His fur was softer than I imagined and he seemed to be leaning into my hand.

When I pulled away he made a motion for me to turn around and I did so, knowing that he was going to phase back.

"Trina?" He said, causing me to turn back around to face him where he was now standing with his shorts on. "You weren't afraid..."

"Of course I wasn't afraid. You might have been a wolf but you're still you, and I know that you'd never hurt me. I know not to get too close when you phase but after you've phased there's no danger." I told him honestly. "Now what was that about?"

He took a deep breath before answering. "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack. We also have two new pack members."

I already knew that Harry was gone.

"Seth and Leah." I replied and he nodded. "Harry didn't make it, did he?" He shook his head.

"You already knew that, didn't you?" He asked me.

"You believe me?" I knew it was a difficult story to believe.

"I trust you." He responded. I was in awe.