Lunch

By noon, everyone had arrived at the Chinese restaurant. 

Once everyone had got their food, Mr. Dove says "Is there a reason why you called everyone for lunch." 

"Yes, there is, sir." says Eric. 

"Well, what is it." says Senior McClean. 

Eric looks at Meredith and Meredith looks at Eric.

After a long, awkward silence, Meredith sighs and says "I can't do this, Eric." 

"You can't do what?" says Bonnie. 

"Hey, Meredith, you can do anything that you put your mind to, and we can do even more things together. I am here and I am willing to tell them, but they need to hear it from you." says Eric. 

"Okay." says Meredith. 

"You got this." says Eric. 

Then Meredith turns to the rest of the group. "Guys, I am pregnant and I don't know who the father is yet. I won't get to know until next Friday." says Meredith with newfound confidence.

"Meredith, sweet pea, are you going to be alright?" says Mrs. Dove. 

"I will manage." says Meredith. 

"Are you sure dear. We can help you buy things for the baby and for yourself." says Mrs. McClean. 

"That would be appreciated. I am still going to be going to school at x university, so I do want to look my best. Whether I'm pregnant or not." says Meredith. 

"Your still planning to go to school!" says Mr. Dove and Senior McClean. 

"Well most of my classes are with Bonnie and Eric and Sue. So, why not. Also, I don't really have a problem with still going to college. I am not going to let this baby ruin my career." says Meredith. 

"Are you sure that this is what you want, sis." says Bonnie. 

"I am sure." says Meredith with a smile on her face. 

"We will protect her. I promise." says Eric. 

"Okay, I will talk to the college board and deal with any issues that they have. So you can finish college." says Mr. Dove. 

"Okay. Thank you dad!" says Meredith. 

As everyone left, Eric pays the bill and then he walks over to Meredith. He hugs Meredith and kisses her forehead, before he says "You did a wonderful thing today. You had the courage to say what you needed to and then you stood up for yourself. I am very proud of you." 

"Thank you." says Meredith as they leave.