30: Whereabouts and Weakness

Start from the beginning

"If I could take those nightmares away and make you forget about it, I will but I can't. But I will always be here to protect you and stay by your side no matter what, mon ange." he said and planted a kiss on my forehead. (my angel)

"I know." I said with a smile on my face. "Cassius, I just finished reading the book and I found out something about my kind." I said seriously and he too became serious. His attention went to mine as he stayed silent, waiting for me to continue.

"You know that Phoenix angels can heal themselves, right? Even if we are wounded fatally, are regenerative abilities are top-notch. But, there is a potion that can stop our healing abilities. The author wrote the formula for the potion that could affect us but it was completely torn out from the book. Someone must have torn the pages and if that someone is an enemy then that explains the decreasing numbers of phoenix angels. No matter how powerful immortals they are, everyone will always have a weakness to have balance." I explained to him.

"I'm guessing that those Caduta del Fenice are the ones who tore the pages since they knew about the book. If they have the formula then why would they want the book again? There must be something important that we missed." I finished and he tensed. He was deep in thought until he decided to talk.

"Perhaps they are looking for clues about where Adaya's daughter is? Does it say something about the whereabouts of Adaya's daughter?" he asked.

"It doesn't-" My eyes widened when I realize something. I quickly went to the hidden room, grab the book, and scanned it. I stopped at the page that I'm looking for and read it.

"It didn't tell us about the current whereabouts of Adaya's daughter but it did tell us the last place she went." I said to Cassius since he was already by my side.

"Although it's vague, the book mentioned that Adaya and her daughter went somewhere in Germany but then on the next country, it only mentioned Adaya. It's the same as from the next country and the next until the book mentioned that her daughter went into a deep slumber. If you read it simply without understanding, the last country mentioned would be a diversion to where her daughter slumbered. In fact, the place where the daughter was last mentioned has got to be the place where she slumbers." this information somehow made me excited. Like how I solved one part of a Rubik's cube for how many hours of trying to solve it.

"That makes sense but still, it only mentioned the country and not the city or the exact location." He said while scanning the book.

"I really hate the way Winderwald thinks. That old man loves riddles as much as he loves dark magic." I said while biting my nails out of frustration. Cassius took the hand where I was biting my nails and rub it.

"You'll hurt yourself." he said worriedly and kissed my fingers. "You should ask that hybrid vampire for help." he said with distaste.

He's really jealous of Xerxes.

"I'll call him later. Aunt Vargo might know something." I said and silence engulfed us as he kept on staring at the torn pages.

"I never thought angels have weaknesses considering they are perfect beings. The other race cannot be compared to them." he said.

"Well, nothing in this world is close to perfection. Even the most powerful of our kind have a way to end their immortal lives." I told him and he looked confused.

"You see, each race has God or Goddess that they serve but above them all, there is only one true God, which is the one we serve. To say it in simple terms, the one true God is like the emperor, the other gods are the nobles, the angels and demons are like the emperor's direct assistants or knights, then the other races are the commoners." I explained to him and his face couldn't contain the awe.

"How did you learn all of this? If Quinn were to hear this, he would bombard you with questions until he hears everything." He said and I grimace at the thought.

"Please don't tell him. We didn't learn things like this, it was already engraved to us the moment we were made. And since I'm also part angel, this knowledge went to my mind even before I could open my eyes. It's really hard to explain our existence so knowing Quinn, he would probably bombard me with questions." I already feel tired just thinking about what will Quinn do.

I also knew about their kind's origin. When Artemis first stepped into the human realm, she went to a forest where she was so engrossed in the beauty of nature and the ones residing in it. She spends all of her time hunting and protecting the forest. The other goddess Selene was worried about Artemis who rarely comes back to the world of the gods, and goddesses, so when Artemis returned to the forest again, she went with her.

There she found the wolves who accompanied Artemis through her hunt and her favorite animal. The both of them became amazed by the loyalty and intelligence of a wolf that can be compared to a human. Fascinated by the wolves, they had an idea to give power to the wolves to transform into a human and back however they wanted. But they wanted to make it look more human when shifting into a wolf, thus creating the very first shifter, the Lycanthrope whose name is Mizar.

They have given Mizar immense power and excessive senses like no other and as well as immortality. Artemis has ordered Mizar to protect the forest whenever she was away. Mizar obediently followed his creator's orders and protected the forest for years. But the three goddesses noticed how sad and lonely their Lycan is so Selene had an idea to give Mizar a mate who was also equal to him but the only difference is, the mate is a female. A mate whom he can love, protect and fill the empty void in his heart. They named her, Elysse.

Mizar and Elysse bore many children who, like their parents, worshiped and love their creator to which the three goddesses were overjoyed. Each and every one of them is superior and powerful. Some gods and goddesses were jealous at how the three had such loyal worshipers so they also created one of their own which were now the vampires, dragons, witches and warlocks, fairies, elves, etc. Each worship different gods and goddesses.

But these immortals were not completely immortal for that will make them closer to becoming a god themselves so each of them decided to make a weakness for these creatures. Weakness, that can kill and end their immortal life.

Later on, the two goddesses decided to create another one but not exactly like Mizar and his family for they cannot make what has already been made. Thus creating the werewolves which have similar features to that of a wolf but bigger and less powerful than a Lycan and also had a mate.

"Of course. I promise I won't tell him." he said and kissed the tip of my nose.

It's things like this that made it hard for me to leave.