Ch.4 "Burrito Time!"

We walked in the hallway heading for my first class of the day. Lloyd was with me because some students begged me to bring him.

Fans are crazy. But Lloyd agreed to come anyway.

I flipped through my notebook in my hand while Lloyd carried my bag.

My class was about to start.

Right around the corner where we were supposed to take a right turn, a guy walked out of the hallway we were heading to and almost bumped into me.

I stood in surprise staring at him. Because the guy who just passed us had the same physical appearance as a certain criminal I have always dreamed of killing for torturing me three years ago.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sweet sound of his voice. "I'm...fine. I just thought I saw Francis."

Lloyd looked me dead in the eyes then ran after the guy.

He walked out of the door the guy went through and that's all I could see.

Lloyd came back a few seconds later and said, "I couldn't find him. He disappeared."

I stared walking to my class again with Lloyd following me.

I said, "Leave it, I might have imagined the resemblance."

"But what if it was him? I swear to God I wouldn't let him live another day."

I sighed. "I said leave it. These things happen to me often. I'm used to them."

Imagining Francis. Having nightmares about the last Garmadon attack. Having panic attacks and mental breakdowns where I scream and cry and grab my own hair trying to stop the never-ending web of dark thoughts in my mind from coming. I got used to them, but that doesn't mean I'm fine now.

I'm going to a psychiatrist and taking medication for the trauma I got from everything that had happened.

Lloyd knew all that, and have always tried his best to make sure I was okay despite the fact that he, himself, was also left with mental and physical scars from the attack. for instance, his right ear had gone deaf and still is. But he always ignored his own problems and focused on helping me fix mine.

What a great human being.

I definitely don't deserve him.

We got to my class and I walked in before Lloyd. The professor wasn't there yet so I said, grabbing everyone's attention, "Look who has agreed to come to our class today!" and revealed Lloyd who rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at everyone.

It was a matter of seconds before all of them surrounded him and I stood aside.

Yup, I definitely don't deserve him.

~~~

At home, Lloyd and I were catching up in my room.

"Can you get me my green hat from the closet?" I asked him while sitting on the bed browsing through my phone gallery for pictures to show him. the hat was new and I wanted him to see it.

"Sure."

He opened my closet and... "Oh my god...you stole another one of my hoodies?"

"Uhh..." I had no excuse because I actually did it.

He took the hoodie and the hat out, threw the hat to me and I caught it, and stared at his hoodie, probably trying to figure out since when I took it.

"When did you take this?"

"Um...last week."

"I should warn my mom about letting you in from now on."

Yeah...I might need to stop this.

"Sorry."

He looked at me weirdly, as if he was confused.

I continued, "I...just wanted something of yours to make me feel like you're there when I miss you."

He smiled and walked over to me. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and held my cheek and said, "It's okay. You can keep this one. But no more taking things without my permission, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay."

"Now...burrito time!" He took the blanket and tried to wrap me up in a burrito way but my head was still out so I could see.

He succeeded, as expected. And he carried the burrito me and took me to the living room, placed me down gently on the couch, then turned on the TV and put on the recent series we've been watching together.

Times like this remind me why I love this boy.