We only have one day(M)

The morning sun peeks through the windows, creating a serene and beautiful scene. Sunbeams dance upon my face, and as I squint my eyes, I smile. How wonderful it feels, how incredibly good! I feel the urge to sing, to shout that I am the happiest person in the world. Can anyone be happier than me right now? Is that even possible? Just yesterday, I thought there was emptiness ahead. But now! Now everything is filled with meaning. Now it seems like everything that was and wasn't was just a bad dream. Now everything feels so distant, separated by her lips, kisses, tenderness, and love. I love her! A voice inside me screams. I love... so much softer, more tenderly. I didn't need those words; I felt it. I felt it yesterday. I close my eyes, but the audacious sun is already fully awakening me. I try to embrace Jiu, but... I open my eyes. Well, there she is, already up.

I rise from the bed, eager to see her, to look into her eyes. I long to press against her soft skin. The carpet cushions my steps, making them soundless. I peek into the hallway. I smile. She's standing with her back to me, a light silk robe draped over her shoulders, her hair cascading down. It seems like she's preparing a salad. Jiu is cooking! It's an extraordinary sight. I can barely contain my laughter. I want to laugh, genuinely and carefree, like I haven't laughed in a long time. It's the kind of laughter that only childhood can bring, when the mind is still pure and untainted. When you haven't yet been corrupted by circumstances, when you haven't truly experienced life. Not yet fully living, but still alive, and it's the happiest and most sincere time that can exist. Childhood is the best, and right now, everything feels just as wonderful. Nothing can ruin these seconds. I cautiously step on the parquet floor and embrace her around the waist, pulling her close to me. I feel her relaxing in my arms. I kiss her neck; I want to kiss her skin endlessly, to drown in her scent and hold her tightly, never letting go.

I hear her laughter, so bright and ringing, like a field bell or crystal droplets from a mountain spring, and I laugh in response. Simply because I feel good. Simply because I am happy. We are happy!

She turns to me, her eyes shining. They have never been so beautiful. I trace my finger along her lip line.

"Good morning, Yooh," Jiu greets me, her voice filled with warmth and love. I feel my heart skip a beat at the sound of her voice.

"Good morning, Jiu," I reply, unable to contain my happiness.

"Yooh," she whispered, reaching out for me, her eyes filled with longing. I couldn't resist the magnetic pull between us, and our lips met in a passionate kiss. In that moment, my heart soared, and it felt like I was floating on air. I smiled into the kiss, feeling her smile against my lips. My fingers traced the contours of her cheek, occasionally brushing against her silky hair.

"Yoohyeon," she said, pulling away slightly, a tinge of sadness lingering in her eyes. I continued to stroke her skin gently, trying to comfort her.

"We only have today," she whispered, her voice tinged with a mixture of happiness and melancholy.

​​"I know, Jiu," I say softly. "Let's cherish today and make memories that will last a lifetime."

I understood what she meant. Our time together was limited, and we had to make the most of every precious moment. Holding her tightly, I reassured her, "I haven't forgotten, but that doesn't change anything. Let's just be together for as long as we can. Okay?"

She looked into my eyes, her gaze filled with hope. "That doesn't mean we'll never see each other again," she whispered, and I couldn't decipher whether she was trying to console me or convince herself.

"I believe that if we truly want to see each other, we will," I replied with conviction.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm the child between the two of us," she said, resting her head against mine.