A day with her

If someone thinks that something has changed after the recent event, then that "someone" is greatly mistaken. Our relationship was like a boomerang. After every burst, every movement, we drifted apart only to come together again. Then there was nothing between us. Although for me, there was everything. Maybe someone will understand me. Everything is in her words, in her gaze. Everything is in us. The dawn came, opening the door to new events, but leaving the past behind. For several days now, I have been detached from everything and wondering. Was it, or was it just another dream? No, it was. It couldn't not be.

The evening of the last working day before the weekend was coming to an end. Two whole days of rest, all because of the upcoming important delegation of high-ranking officials. My friends and I were standing on the street, waiting for the van. A pleasant cool breeze was blowing.

"Yooh, can I talk to you?" said that beloved voice as she touched my elbow. I turned around, feeling like the happiest person in the world. We hardly spoke after that incident, but now Jiu approached me herself and started talking. There was so much tenderness in her eyes, or maybe I just wanted to see it.

"Yes," I firmly replied. We stepped aside a little. Silence fell, which didn't really bother me. I was ready to be silent with her forever.

"You know, tomorrow is a day off, and I have no plans. If you could, if you were free, and if, of course, you wanted to..." Jiu finally looked at me and raised her eyebrows in surprise, apparently noticing my smiling face. "What? I'm talking nonsense."

"You just look very cute right now," I said, happily smiling. "I would be happy to spend the day with you. I really don't know what it's called, and I haven't had a date with... What nonsense am I talking about? Okay, don't pay attention."

"I think you look just as cute right now," Jiu suppressed a laugh.

"Truth is not important; how something is called, the main thing is: I will be with you," I said the last words as I turned and rushed to my girls.

They were already suspiciously looking at me, especially Handong.

"What were you talking about so sweetly?" she became wary.

"You also often do this," I replied.

"I didn't know some details before," she lowered her voice. What a subtle hint!

"Oh, you're talking about that. By the way, we're going on a date tomorrow," if you don't want to be believed, tell the truth.

"Maybe I'm not perfect, but not so stupid. Stop lying. What were you talking about?" the friend protested.

"If you don't want to believe it, don't," I carelessly replied, thus closing the conversation.

I couldn't fall asleep for a long time, although now it's normal. I kept thinking about the upcoming date. I was shaking and worried. How will everything go? Will I ruin everything again?

The anticipation of the upcoming day filled my heart with a mix of excitement and nervousness. It had been a while since Jiu and I had spent time together like this, outside the complexities and uncertainties that had plagued our relationship. As the night faded into dawn, I woke up with a renewed sense of purpose, ready to embark on this new chapter with her.

We had decided to meet at a quaint café downtown. The morning air was crisp, and the streets were slowly awakening with the hustle and bustle of the city. Arriving a few minutes early, I found myself anxiously waiting for Jiu to arrive. My mind wandered through various scenarios, hoping that this day would be different, that it would mark the beginning of a new era for us.

Finally, I caught sight of her approaching from a distance. She looked radiant, her eyes sparkling with a warmth I hadn't seen in a long time. A nervous smile crept across my face as she drew closer, and all worries seemed to fade away in that moment.