The Deep Conversation

Minji's Pov

In a matter of minutes, I rushed up the stairs, bypassing the elevator (what elevator? You have to wait for it too!), and dashed towards the door. From a distance, I noticed that the jerk was already pulling her away. Yoohyeon was screaming, resisting, twisting her wrists, trying to break free from his nauseating embrace, but she was so weak and fragile that she could never handle this creep on her own! Anger and rage clouded my vision. I had never felt this way about anyone before; I had never wanted to kill someone so badly! I swooped in and grabbed his wrists forcefully. I only needed a couple of seconds to deliver a powerful blow to his groin. But before I could do it, someone pulled me away.

It was Siyeon, intervening and swinging her fist, landing a strong punch on the intruder's jaw. The man released Yoohyeon, not so much from the force of the blow but from the surprise. She started to slump onto the pavement, and I caught her, not letting her fall. I pressed her against me, trying to distance ourselves from the fight scene, to calm my girl down and call our friends for help. Meanwhile, the man regained his composure and retaliated with a punch in the air. In just a couple of moves, he knocked Siyeon down. I tensed up inside, but it all ended there. He decided to flee, to just run away! Of course, who needs trouble? After all, his actions are subject to legal consequences, and it seems he started to perceive the situation as a threat. I couldn't let him escape, but I was powerless. He must be held accountable for his actions. I tried to dash after him, but Yoohyeon clung to me with a death grip. She was trembling. Convulsive sobs were tearing her apart. Meanwhile, Siyeon, regaining her senses, got up from the pavement and ran after him, as if she could read my thoughts, but it was already too late. She couldn't catch up. The screech of tires indicated that the car had taken off, and my intuition told me whose car it was. I held Yoohyeon tightly, inspecting her cautiously. I hoped that bastard didn't harm her! I noticed Siyeon returning to us, her head lowered.

"Let her go," she breathed heavily, still recovering from the chase and the fight. I knew how she felt about me, but I would never give my girl to her for anything. Yoohyeon needed to calm down, to regain composure. "That scumbag, damn it, she got away! Riding off in her expensive car! And I didn't even catch the license plate, damn twilight! Thinks money gives her the right to do anything!"

In that, I could understand her! I was shaking with indignation myself! It can't just go unpunished, not for her!

"Yoohyeon, let's go inside," she grabs Yoohyeon's shoulders and tries to pry her away from me, but she, sobbing, only clings tighter to my shirt.

"Jiu, Jiu, don't leave!" through her sobs, a choked whisper escapes, and I hold her closer to me.

Siyeon mutters a curse under her breath and, giving me a warning look, heads towards the building. Her annoyance is evident in every step she takes.

With one hand, I stroke Yooh's head, lightly touching her soft hair, running my fingers through them, and with the other hand, I gently lift her palm. Ugly red marks spread on her wrist, such delicate skin. Oh God, it must hurt her. She presses against me, wrapping her arms around my waist. Perhaps sensing strength and salvation in me, but only I know that her fear will soon pass, and she will be ashamed of these unconscious actions. She will start the game again. How I wish to be wrong in my thoughts. How fake you look, it doesn't match the purity and light of your image, it's so artificial, but it's my fault. I stained you myself. I, just like that bastard, should have never touched you! I wasn't worthy! I repeat these truths in my mind, knowing I'm right, but my hands involuntarily continue to caress her shoulders. Please, just calm down, and then we'll deal with whatever comes next, although it's not the time to talk, discuss, or argue. Not now!

I blow on her hair, forehead, and wet cheeks stained with tears. Her eyelashes twitch slightly. Carefully, I trace my index finger along her cheek, touching the dimple on her chin, and gently wiping away the recently shed tears. Then I exhale again onto her lashes, trying to dry the last few lonely tears.