27. Two Wrongs!

LUCIANO

"I think there is a traitor in our midst because Luigi has disappeared from his cell," Romano informed me, rendering my jaw to drop in disbelief.

I could not believe my ears.

How the hell did Luigi escape from the damn cell? And who was the dimwit that let him out?

A fit of rage instantly seeped into my guts.

Furious to bits, I clenched my fist in fury, and twitched my jaws before declaring between gritted teeth; "Let's go and find that bastard."

Romano nodded, then he turned towards the door, proceeding to lead the way out. However, as I made to follow him, the urge to apologize for the insensitive utterances I recounted about Janie's circumstances, overwhelmed me, but because of the rage coursing through my veins, I tossed it aside for later.

Beyond reasonable doubt, it was better to solve the issue at hand first— find Luigi and whoever helped him out of that cell. Later on, I would attend to her. So I pressed the 'move' button on my wheelchair and left the room, right after Romano.

As soon as we got out of the mansion, I instructed Romano to summon all of my henchmen to the front yard and he went ahead to immediately do my bidding.

In the blink of an eye, all of them gathered in front of me in an orderly manner, and then I began to address them.

"Before I begin, Silas and Steve....go and lock the front gate properly and make sure certain parameters aren't breached," I commanded. Following my decree, the both of them scurried off to do my bidding and returned a few minutes later.

"Done, Boss."

"Good." I drummed my fingers against the arm of my wheelchair to control the anger jostling through my veins. If rage could roast, all of them would be toast by now. "Now, who the hell is unfortunate enough to let Luigi out of his cell?" I roared angrily.

And nobody answered.

With my eyes thoroughly analyzing each one of them, I demanded again a little bit louder this time. "Luigi is in no position to leave that cell on his own. Whoever let him out, first and foremost, you ought to know that you betrayed me. Perhaps, I might forgive you this once. So I'm going to ask again....who let Luigi out of his cell?"

Once again, none of them responded.

"Alas, I might have to start interrogating you all one after the other. Minus my compromised state at the moment, y'all know what I'm capable of!" I growled to assert my point. "Now...for the last time, who let Luigi out of his cell?"

Silence ensued after my voice. They all spared each other a questioning glance, wondering who it could be amongst them.

For one thing, my men knew not to betray me. At some point, I have sacrificed for every one of them, so even if they owed me something in return, it ought to be their loyalty and respect.

Seeing that no one was ready to talk, I licked my lower lip, preparing to speak, but then Damon single-handedly stepped out.

Murmurs arose from my men as they wondered what could have prompted Damon to carry out such an act. But as soon as I tossed a scornful glare their way, everywhere became dead silent.

Nevertheless, Romano wasted no time, kicking the back of Damon's legs to force him down to his knees. Afterward, he pointed a gun at his head.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" Damon cried out immediately.

A part of me didn't want to believe him, but then I signaled Romano to remove the gun from his head and he simply obeyed.

Thereafter, I leaned forward to stare directly into his face before uttering just one word. "Speak."