25. For Love & Justice

LUCIANO

“Janie!” I called for the umpteenth time, still tapping her cheek as lightly as I could. Yet there was no response.

My mind was starting to run amok.

Looking at her pale face and dried parched lips, I wanted to tear Luigi limb to limb. She doesn't deserve any ill-treatment. Whatever happened between us, stayed between us. So why did she have to suffer?

“I have brought him, Boss." I heard Romano's voice and then looked up to see him standing behind a bleeding Luigi.

A small devilish smirk tugged the corner of my lips. Turned out Romano never disappoints when it comes to torturing animals like Luigi.

My eyes traveled from Romano to Luigi's battered face, and the smirk on my face vanished into thin air. Only to be soon replaced with a scowl.

With a fit of fury, I clenched my fist and thought of the best way to punish him.

“Kneel, you motherfucker!" Romano shoved Luigi to his knees violently, while I watched in silence.

It was taking every bit of self-control I had left not to put a bullet through his damn skull right now. Not that I plan to set him free. In short, death awaited him, but I want it to be slow, steady, and very agonizing.

He should have thought twice before messing with me.

For a split second, my attention diverted from him to the unconscious Janie in my arms. Gathering her close to my chest, I used my other free hand to yank Luigi's chin forcefully and growled.

“Your brother got the death he deserved.” with a sneer, I added. “I don't regret snuffing the living breath out of him!”

“So did your mother!" Luigi retorted sharply.

His words riled me up pretty much.

With rage coursing through my veins, I tightened my grip on his chin and asserted between gritted teeth; “He killed a fourteen-year-old virgin, my mother did nothing.”

All of sudden, Luigi burst into a series of raucous laughter.

At first, a glint of surprise skimmed through me as I wondered what sounded so funny in my statement. However, I knew that he was just trying to piss me off further and I wasn't going to let him.

When his laughter died down, he held a stoic expression, putting up a dauntless act as he spoke. “You are mistaken, Luciano. Your mother did something very wrong. From the moment she brought you into this world, she made a grave mistake." He spat.

Beating him to his game, I chuckled too. “Oh really?"

With a swift analysis, I pulled out the dagger from Romano's belt sheath and plunge it deep into Luigi's right eye.

He cried out in agony. However, his wail of anguish sounded like melodies to my ears.

In truth, it's been a while since I tortured someone and I'm going to make sure I take pleasure in punishing Luigi slowly until he met his demise.

Without mercy, I ripped out the dagger alongside his bloody eyeball and he hissed again in anguish. Sprinkles of blood splattered on my shirt and Janie's face. Using my elbow, I gently wiped off the blood on her face before returning my attention to him.

I started scraping his skin with the cold steel, then managed a small devilish smirk. “Don't break down just yet, Luigi because I intend to show you how much of a mistake I can be."

Luigi let out a whimpering sound, but he masked his fear and snarled at me. “Just kill me right now, you motherfucking son of a bitch!”

Smirking, I traced the dagger around his other good eye and he trembled beneath my touch. Pretending not to notice, I smiled and then held the dagger to his throat.