6. The girl in the picture.

JANIE

"Well if you're going to keep me in your house like a prisoner, you might as well provide something for me to eat!" I yelled, stomping my right foot repeatedly on the floor to express the rage seething through my veins.

Luciano hardened his jaw and twitched his lips. However, he gestured at a direction with one of his fingers. "The kitchen is that way."

Without further ado, I spun around quickly, squared my shoulder and sauntered into the kitchen to prepare something. But I could feel Luciano piercing gaze as I made to walk away.

As soon as I got into the kitchen, I was simply satisfied and amazed on how tidy and well arranged it was. Momentarily, I was able to figure out where the utensils, ingredients and food items were kept.

Although there weren't much to put together except from pasta, I was beyond grateful. Heaving a sigh, I took out the pot and rinsed it off then I added a water until it was half filled. Afterwards, I ignited the gas cooker and placed the pot on it. Then I followed some of the procedures mom taught me when she was alive.

Sorting out other stuff, I diced the carrots, pepper, and hot dog I wanted to add to the meal. Furthermore, I proceeded to stir fry to hotdog while humming my favorite song, Vegas by Doja cat.

Seconds rolled into minutes and minutes into hour, soon I was done preparing the meal. Inhaling the whiff of the savoury aroma, I rushed off to get my plate and dished out the pasta. Then I opened the fridge, picked out a bottle of water and retreated to the dinning table.

Taking a mouthful, I was beyond delighted; no doubt it was a scrumptious meal ingeniously put together by mere ingredients. I shoved more spoonful into mouth and enjoyed every bit of it. Ever since the day Dad betrayed me, I have not had a proper meal. Instead of filling my stomach, I took to filling my eyes with tears.

By the time I was done eating, I picked up my dirty plates and proceeded to the kitchen once more. Without wasting much time, I washed it off quickly and returned it to the plate rack then I dashed up the stairs.

The house was oddly quiet. There was no one in sight and I could only hear my pattering footsteps on the neat tiled floor coupled with my breathing pace.

Various ideas surged through my head immediately, what if I took a run for it right now, would I be caught? Would I be able to bear the consequences if I was caught red-handed for the second time?

However, another amazing idea shoved to the forefront of my brain. I could meticulously strategize how to escape from here. It might take days or weeks, but I have to find out the whole layout before I could even think of making a move.

I inhaled deeply then exhaled afterwards. First of all, I would start by checking closed doors. There were many, but who knows? Perhaps, one could lead to my breakthrough. So I proceeded to open each doors on the passageway one by one.

The first five set of doors entailed of empty rooms, it was bare with no warmth or sign that someone was staying there. How could someone have such a big house, yet he doesn't have people to occupy it. Doesn't he have a family, loved ones, or better yet, friends?

Shrugging off that thought to the back of mind, I felt I could care less about Luciano life. I opened another door and that seemed like the room I woke up from, I already knew it was his room. So I closed it back and continued with my searching spree.