Chapter 3 :: Twisted Proposal

Start from the beginning

"If not Vihaan, would you mind Siya marrying my Ayansh. I love her dearly and I would love if she could be my daughter-in-law."]]

As these words rolled down dad's lips, we heard a glass tray shattering into pieces. It was Siya who dropped the tea on the floor. Shit.

She ran away towards a room after mumbling 'I am sorry". Does she find the idea of marrying me so pathetic? I thought. Shaurya was about to run behind her when dad again spoke "Shaurya beta ruko. Ayansh ja Siya se baat karle ek baar." He ordered. What the fu- Abhi??? Like now!

He again did a small nod with his head and I knew I had to go now.

Shaurya kept glaring at me until I disappeared into the same room Siya went to.

[["Shaurya son, wait. Ayansh you should go and talk to Siya."]]

Siya's pov-

"Siya, chai taiyaar hai, jake table par rakh de." Meera bhabhi says as I internally pray that I don't mess up. I move towards the living room with the tray in which only one tea-cup is kept. It was for Raj uncle and he likes his tea without sugar.

"Vihaan na sahi par main Siya beti ko apne ghar ki bahu zaroor banana chahta hoon. Mere Ayansh ke liye doge mujhe apni Siya?" Raj uncle said.

[["If not Vihaan, would you mind Siya marrying my Ayansh. I love her dearly and I would love if she could be my daughter-in-law."]]

What! Ayansh? And the tray slipped from my hand. Everybody's attention shifted towards me. I could see a blank face which was Ayansh. I ran to my room and closed the door with a bang. After a few minutes, I sensed the door opening and that's his perfume. Ayansh.

"Aap taiyaar hain mujhse shadi karne ke liye?" I asked, with my face towards the window and back towards him.

[["Are you fine with marrying me?"]]

Author's pov-

He could definitely sense the uncertainty and fear of being rejected again in that question. He walks towards her and kneels down in front of her. Ayansh contemplates before holding her hands yet he holds her hands in his.

"Siya, I know it's all messed up. I know this all is disappointing and shocking for you and even for me, and I too do not agree on marrying yet, but I am willing to give us a try. Anyways, they are not asking us to get married now. We can take our time and figure out if we make the right match. I am willing to try and fall in love with you." Her eyes shot up at the last sentence. The eyes which were lingering anywhere on the floor were now directly looking into his eyes. They were sincere she could tell and more than sincere, he made her feel that she was important, her say was important.

"Give me some time." Siya said shyly, moving her eyes back to the ground. Ayansh saw her cheeks turning pink. His lips curved into a small smile.

It was indeed a comfortable room.

Ayansh was just continuously staring at her face which was directioned towards the floor. She felt small under his gaze. Siya started to slightly move her hands out of his grip  but he wasn't just ready to let go. His thumb started drawing random patterns on her hand which made her stop moving her hands and blush harder. They were in this unspoken conversation when the door of the room again opened. Siya was quick to steal her hands back and face the door. Ayansh too got up swiftly. From the third person's point of view they looked like two teenagers caught red handed. It was Shaurya who decided to disturb their time.

"Siya?" Shaurya called out.

"J-ji bhai?" Siya replied.  [["Y-yes."]]

Shaurya eyed Ayansh as if telling him 'get out now dude'. That is what Ayansh exactly did.

"Please excuse me." He said and walked out of the room, closing the door.

Shaurya came in and hugged his little sister. "Kya soch rahi hai meri Siya?"  [[What are you thinking Siya?"]]

Siya looks up at him with questioning eyes. He holds her arm and gently makes her sit on the bed. "We will never force you into something you are not ready for Siya. So tell me what do you wish to do?" Shaurya tells her.

She stays quiet for a minute or two and then says "Bhai, I don't want to say yes directly this time. I want to know Ayansh better and make sure that I don't get rejected again. Surely I didn't expect anything from Vihaan either but that was my mistake. We were going to marry and this rejection made me realise that he doesn't affect me and I am not as important to him as a wife should be to a husband. Bhai, if you and papa do not mind I want to put my expectations into my marriage this time. Expectations that I am necessary in his life, that his words and actions will affect me, that he would never hurt me."

Shaurya smiles a little and teases "To meri choti behen pyaar karna chahti hai?" [[So my little sister wants to fall in love?"]]

Her eyes widen and blush creeps onto her cheeks. He chuckles at her reaction and gently caresses her head. "I have no problem in any decision you make Siu until you are happy with it. Aur tu papa ki chinta mat kar, main karloonga unse baat. Chal ab bahar chal."

[["And you don't worry about dad, I will talk to him. Now let's go out."]]

That night the dinner was wholesome for the Singhanias as well as Guptas. Shourya talked out with his family about Siya's wish of trying to fall in love with Ayansh and nobody else could be more happy about it. Now it was Nikhil who proposed this to the Singhanias and they gladly accepted the proposal.

Finally it was time, Singhanias should leave for home. Everybody greeted each other with polite goodbyes when Ayansh wanted to shake hands with Siya. Politely accepting the hand shake, Siya felt something between their hands. Her eyes widened upon realising that Ayansh was handing her a tissue. Soon they all left and Siya ran back to her room.

99XXXXXXXX

Thought you might need it :)

She let out a chuckle reading the note on the tissue paper. Jumping towards the attached balcony to her room, she saw Ayansh climbing inside the car on the driver's side. As if he could sense her he swiftly turned towards her balcony. She felt goosebumps all over her when his eyes met hers. Swiftly running in back she let the curtains slide to block Ayansh's view. He wanted to laugh but that would cause suspicions amongst the other males in the car.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys👋
Posted the third chapter!!!
Do not forget to leave a comment and vote for the chapter please.
Enjoy reading and leave a vote pleaseeeeeee
Also we completed 500 reads, so virtual hugsssss <3
Next part on 15 August i.e. Tuesday

1796 words