"And I guess you're in a hurry to give her the interview that you got. You! Not her!"

Jade thought for a moment. After all, she did not want to give away her first-ever interview. It was the most exciting thing that had ever happened to her.

"Hey, I can spot someone like me from a mile away," he said, looking her up and down. "Insecure, always obedient, always doing everything for other people..." He shook his head. "You could have been anyone you wanted to be. Now we can be friends, you, me, and the guys."

"Except you are famous and wealthy, and I'm just some girl from LA in Hollow Woods."

"Not anymore," he grinned, and she couldn't help smiling back at him. "Now you're the girl we want to get to know better."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jade replied with the cat still in her arms, struggling to stop the animal from moving. "You have it all! Fame! Money! Women who would kill to even see you walk by on the street! Why do you want me? I have nothing special about me!" She tried to sound tough, but it wasn't working.

"Well..." Finn scratched the back of his neck again and looked everywhere except into her eyes. "You faint over everything."

"Thanks?" Jade shrugged. "So you think I'm special?"

"You're different," he laughed, but when he noticed her furious expression, he quickly grew serious again. "Or maybe it's because you've never had anything happen to you." He stepped closer.

"Sorry to be normal and not a perfect music star."

"Do you really think a celebrity is perfect? We have flaws." He moved his hands to either side of her face and gently cupped it between his palms, leaning forward. "A lot more than you probably think." She froze. He smiled down at her, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "Besides, you're not ordinary. You're Jade, daughter of Henry." He let his hands fall down to his sides as she stood there, dumbfounded. She opened her mouth to say something but couldn't. "You and I, celebrity and mere mortal, are very alike, Jade. I'm always at Zeth's mercy, and you give away your triumphs," the blond boy told her and with one hand began to use her phone.

Damn!

What was he doing?

"I saved my number, I didn't do anything else," he told Jade and put her cell phone in the pocket of her skirt, leaning down to be level with her. When his handsome face was next to hers, close to her cheek, her heart began to race again. Her breath hitched, and she swallowed hard before meeting his gaze. His green eyes were shining brightly beneath bangs that were pushed back slightly against his forehead by the wind. "What you did for your friend was nice, you interviewed us for her," he leaned back and smiled at her. "But this achievement..." His smile was very warm, sharp but sincere, "It is yours."

"Achievement?" Jade laughed. "What achievement? I passed out, and you guys took me to your room without even asking me!"

"You made Zeth nervous," Finn cocked his head. "Frank and Draco won't stop talking about you. Alex was worried that you left so quickly, and I've never heard Everett talk as much as tonight."

Jade was speechless, not knowing what to say, looking down to avoid those beautiful eyes that begged her for attention.

"Anyway," he continued, "I apologise on Zeth’s behalf for what happened earlier. And I hope to see you again, you can call me whenever you want to, you know?" He waited for her answer, but when she said nothing, he sighed. "Fine, forget it. Go home and forget I even told you this."

Jade felt tears prickling at the edge of her eyes.

This was all wrong.

He was her idol, and yet she treated him so rudely.

But... Was she really that important to them?

"Wait!" Jade shouted before Finn could walk out of reach. "I'll call you! I promise."

Finn turned around and faced her, smiling again.

"Good."

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

"I'm glad I could be of service."

"But why did you chase me?" Jade asked, frowning. "Why didn't you just forget about me?"

"Because I needed to save myself," Finn said with a smug grin.

"I don't understand."

Finn lowered his head while giggling, with his hands in his pockets.

"When you look at me like that, Jade, it's almost impossible to forget you." His lips twisted into a sad smile. "There's no way we'd ever forget someone like you, but I suppose I see myself in you. I know what it feels like to be someone's shadow, the ugly duckling..."

"You don't know me." Jade looked away.

"I do," Finn walked closer and put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't give your friend this achievement. If you don't want to end up like me, do as I say..." He took a long breath and shook his head, then slid her hair away from her face. "Post that video on your profile, tag all of us, and show the world that you're the girl that made Monster Mash nervous."

Jade didn't know what to answer right away; she just looked him straight in the eye and nodded.

"I'll think about it."

"Don't think too much then," he patted her shoulder twice. "Take care, Jade. You have a lot to offer the world; you just have to believe it," and then he walked back from where he came from, but not before looking over his shoulder. "Will you call me?"

"I will, really," she replied, and he gave her a thumbs up, then left.

However, once inside the hotel, Finn took his cell phone out of his pocket and quickly called someone...

The waiting tone rang twice, and when he pressed the elevator button, a female voice finally answered.

"Evie? I distracted her as much as I could to buy you some time.” He said, whispering while stepping into the lift, “Please tell me your friend could hack her phone," He bit his lip, then smiled from ear to ear, "Good. Thanks, I owe you one. Upload the video to her account... Yes, yes, also check that she's not a hunter like Zeth ordered, but do the video thing after that."