•eight•

I woke up and didn't recognize the room. Flashbacks about what had happened made its way onto my mind. This was definitely Evren room. It was dark but had an awkward comforting scent and I had a blanket on me which was very soft.

Searching for my phone, I pat the bed but didn't feel anything anywhere. I finally tried the bed table to my left and felt it there. Tapping the screen it read 3:19 am.

Had I really been sleeping for that long?

I had never managed to sleep for that long. It was not usual for me.

I slowly got up and turned the light on. I was in in Evren's hoodie and the jeans I wore to school. My hoodie that was stained was no where to he found.

I felt bad I had taken Evren's bed and time. He drove me all the way to his house, bandaged my wrist, gave me another of his hoodie, and also let me sleep here... in his bed.

For no reason something urged me to walk home so I wouldn't have to bother him anymore.

I unplugged my phone which he had left charging for me, grabbed my backpack and walked down the long corridor and down to the stairs as quietly as possible. Obviously it wasn't too quiet because every time I stepped down the stairs made a noise.

I was almost halfway the stairs when Evren called behind me.

"Dahlia?... what are you doing?" He asked. His voice sounded raspy as he was probably sleeping and his hair was messy also showing he was sleeping.

Embarrassment flooded my body and made me feel awkward.

"I'm so sorry I took your time... I didn't think I was going to sleep for this long and I was just trying to go back home to not bother you anymore. I didn't mean to wake you up. " I quietly said.

"Dahlia... it's 3:26 in the morning... you can't walk home this late." He said as he finished walking down the stairs to stand by me.

"Sorry" I shyly said. For some reason it was really embarrassing. I probably looked even more gross. My face was definitely puffy and red and I wasn't making sense at all.

"No it's okay... try to go back to sleep and I'll take you home in the morning okay?"

I stood there frozen not knowing what to do. We still had school tomorrow and I hadn't had a shower. So I would have to shower early and then I'd have to change and walk to school so then he'd have to take me really early to not be late so then I wouldn't be late but- here I was already stressing out over something that shouldn't be stressful.

"Okay" I quietly said unsure.

"Are you hungry? You didn't eat anything yesterday" he asked looking back at me.

I wasn't really hungry and it was late too.

"No I'm okay thank you though"

Evren walked me up the stairs to his room before opening the door.

"Sorry I took your bed... and your sweater" I apologized looking down. His hoodies are always comfortable I'm not going to lie, but they are his.

He looked up from the door and stared at me. I could see him stand there thinking. It was like he was collecting the right words to say.

"You're okay Dahlia. It's fine no worries." He reassured me as he finally opened the door.

He turned on the light and grabbed a new water bottle from a small pack he had. He then placed it on the corner table.

"Here's some water if you need. But if you do need anything just come get me. It's the second door to your left." He pointed as he walked away.

"Thank you" I finished saying hoping he heard it.

I turned off the light and laid back on the bed pulling in the soft blanket.

Part of me couldn't get over the fact that I was at Evren's house. In his bed. In his sweater. I mean wasn't he supposed to be the mean scary popular guy? 

I didn't get much sleep after that. I'd say about 1 or 1 and a half hour.

•••

I laid there staring at the ceiling waiting for time to pass. Checking my phone for the time it read 6:12 am. After what felt like hours, I finally heard noise. The footsteps got louder and closer and soon Evren was at the door.

"Dahlia?" Evren knocked. "Are you awake?"

"Yea" my voice cracked at the end as I sat up.

He slowly opened the door and peeked in. "You can head down stairs I'll be down in a minute."

I got up, grabbed my phone and my bag and slowly walked down the stairs to wait for him. It looked like no one was home again.

Evren soon came downstairs with his keys in his hand and a sweater which seemed to be my hoodie.

"Here I washed it for you so it wouldn't stain" Evren said handing me my hoodie. I looked away in embarrassment. Not only did he let me say over but he washed my hoodie too.

"Thank you" I finally spoke. My voice still being as quiet as always. "I can take this off right now"

"No you're good. You can give it back another day" he calmly said.

"Do you want anything to eat before I take you home?"

"Uhh n-no no I'm okay thank you" I was still not very hungry. I could just eat something later plus I'd be wasting more of his time.

"Are you sure?" He asked again. This time giving me a slightly concerned look.

I nodded and patiently waited. He walked over to his pantry and got a granola bar and fruit snacks and handed them to me.

"Eat them okay?" His eyebrows were slightly raised up and he was still giving me a concerned look like if he was worried I wasn't going to eat them. 

I thanked him and we walked out to his car.

On our way to my house Evren broke the silence. Like he always does obviously.

"Were you able to get some sleep after you woke up last night?"

"Um yea a little" I whispered still not sure if he heard me. Evren was confusing. You never know if he's listening or what's he's going to say. What if he didn't hear me and thinks I'm ignoring him?

I shuffled uncomfortably on the seat. The silence was beginning to be awkward and uncomfortable. My leg was bouncing up and down and I kept cracking my knuckles.

I'm not sure why I felt like that. Evren was being kind to me and I had no reason to be scared. 

Soon enough we arrived. It was 6:44. That would give me time to shower and get ready. Not that I do much.

"Thank you... for everything" I spoke awkwardly getting off the car.

He watched as I walked to the steps of my front door and stepped in. I had to hurry up so I could shower and be ready in time for school. After all he did bring me in early.

I took a look at my washed hoodie. It smelt clean and fresh. The stain was not there. It was like it didn't even have a stain in the first place. I was grateful he washed it. Grateful for everything he had been doing.

It did feel weird though. He's the mean popular guy. So why is he doing this for me? I don't think you'd ever catch him doing that to any other person. Most specifically me. Why out of everyone me?

A/n: Another update for you guys:) I'd appreciate if you vote and comment what you think! I hope everyone is having a good day/night! I know this story is going by so slow but just give it time I promise😭