Chapter 28

The song that goes with this chapter is called 'Mirror Mirror' by Jeff Williams ft. Cassie Williams. It is from a Web series called RWBY. It's suppose to be the extended version.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmAsD8aRHBA -the link

~~~~

A white light.

I woke up in a soft bed. Our bed. I sighed and closed my eyes. Our mate is gone...

I went down stairs and saw his family, Matt's family. Macey saw me and ran over and gave me a hug. I felt her tears seep into my shirt. I quietly cried feeling slow tears go down my face. Macey's mom, Alison and dad, Harry stood behind her. After a minute or so she let go of me and wiped her race off.

"What is to happen now?" I asked. I'm clueless. I can't say I lost everything cause I didn't, I lost something I care about dearly.

"Martin would have to be the Alpha of this pack and we will prepare a funeral for my son."

Alison then started crying. "My baby boy!" Seeing her like this makes me feel the pain all over again. Though I'm surprised I am still walking. Back in my old pack someone lost their mate and they got sick, most die or go into a deep depression.

"When do you plan on having the funeral?" I asked. I remember when I first met Matt he took me out and he told me if he was to ever die a tree was to be planted over his grave, his mate's favorite one.

Macey answered this one. "In one week everything will be ready, we can have a open casket if you want."

"I would like that as the last time I saw him was on the battle field." Macey nodded and hugged her brother.

"I would like for you to know that I will be leaving. I can't stay here, I'm a danger to everyone here and I can't sleep in that bed knowing I will be alone."

"We understand. My family will stay here and look after the pack until everything is settled and Martin will take over."

"Thank you. Macey can you take me to the cabins where the women and children are?"

"Of course." I walked out the house not being able to stay in the house any longer. Macey walked out and into the car. I got into the passenger side and looked out the window. Nothing is actually ever clear when you look through a window. Macey backed out and drove down the road.

We approached three cabins side by side. Macey parked and we got out.

"I need to find Marie and Rosa."

I mind-linked Marie. 'Where are you?'

'Third cabin.'

I walked on till I got the to the third cabin, I didn't bother knocking. I let my self in.

"Marie!" I yelled and I saw her walk down the stairs with Rosa holding her hand.

"I need to talk to you guys." They nodded and walked towards the back of the cabin. I followed behind. They sat in a couch and I sat across from them.

"Okay I wanted to tell you guys I'm leaving, I can't stay on the pack house anymore."

"Then where are you going to go?" Marie asked.

"I have a place to go to but I wanted to know if you wanted to come with. Though I have a feeling Rosa your coming with me anyways." Rosa nodded and I could tell Marie was still thinking.

"I'm coming. I have nothing left there and with you gone I'm sure it will go back to the way it is."

"Okay, thank you. I don't want to be alone." I held out my hand towards Marie.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~

I called Carrie if it was fine that I bring Rosa and Marie, she said it was fine. The more the merrier. I started packing and I went into the closet to take out clothes. I opened the door and got a the scent of Matt. I walked in and went to his clothes. I touched the soft fabric. I hurriedly grabbed my clothes and walked out. It's to painful.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I still look the same but everything has changed. Even though this battle is over another is brewing but with just me. I looked toward my neck and there my necklace I got from the MoonGoddess. It sits there just looking beautiful. If I never had it none of this would come to me. I was chosen for an horrible fate. I was made to have a lonely soul, danger at every corner and relive the process of loss then redemption.

I held the necklace in my palm, the crystals against my skin. I grasped it hard and pulled on it.

"Ahhh!" The crystals burned my hand and their imprint is on my palm. I looked in the mirror again and then narrowed my eyes. This is a curse. I gripped the counter.

"Why me!?" I reeled my arm back and punched the mirror. Now all I see is fragments of me slowly falling down. And all that is behind the mirror is a wall I can't get passed.

I walked out the bathroom and packed my stuff up. I left my room and went down stairs. Marie was down there with Rosa. Marie had two big bags. I gave her a raised eye brow. She shrugged.

"One is full of my books."

I was about to put my stuff down when the was a knock on the door. I answered it and there stood Ason.

"The Limo is here for your departure." I nodded in thanks and went back to let Marie and Rosa it is time to go. We got our stuff and Ason put it all in the trunk. We got in and sat quietly. As we drove off I couldn't look back cause if I did I would want to return.

Like the last time I came here it took an hour to get to the mansion. This time it's not a day visit. The door was opened to get out the limo. I looked at the huge place, my getaway.

I don't know if I'm ready for the next chapter or if I even get one.

-

-

-

Hoped you enjoyed!

Check out my newest story 'Reject Rebellion'

Love,

Niki <3