Chapter 17

~Elina POV~

We got on a plane to go back home and warn the others. I can't get the reason why someone would willing kill person after person. What benefit can you get from that?

I haven't exactly communicated with Marie during the trip but she always has this lost look. I could tell she was surprise to see Aiden but I just wonder when they met. Marie has never been on a plane ride.

I was reading the book Anthony gave me before we left his house. I came to find out that it was a diary. It might have been a dairy from my ancestors as the name was Jocelyn Rocker. The first few entries were about her life and the crushes she had on the handsome men that she once associated with. She had a fiery attitude to. And apparently playing hard to get was common back then.

As I read on, one of the diary entries caught my attention.

Dear Whoever,

I came to the terms of what being a white wolf means. I'm powerful and I could use it however I may. But if used to unfaithful ways I shall be punished. I still always worry about the dangers to come to my family or mate. I try to avoid problems all my life and I know I couldn't bear the fact some one I love to be gone. Though it is the begging, I fear.

To Live Another Day,

Jocelyn

After I was done reading that the fiery spirit was gone as true fear filled me. She was a white wolf also and I know there are dangers but she made it seem like everyone was out to get her and specifically a white wolf.

As my thoughts wander I thought about what Marie was, a Witch and Werewolf. In all human history 'Witches' were always hung or exiled. But was it like that in Werewolf community?

I just sighed, I shouldn't be thinking about this. It is not the same era.

"Matt is everything going to be okay?" I asked.

Matt grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek lightly. I truly felt loved.

"Everything will be alright. I promise to protect you."

But can I protect him?

~~~~~

When we got back it was night. We left early morning from England which would mean that the morning we just had truly didn't exist here where we live. Marie said she didn't want to sleep yet so she wanted to talk. I kissed Matt to sleep and said I would be in bed soon.

Marie led me up to the roof of the house where she said she would 'get away'. A light breeze blew giving a slight chill. I didn't say anything as I didn't want to seem like I pressuring Marie. There must be a lot going on in her thoughts.

"Remember that day when I told you about Jordan and I said that there was something else I will talk to you about later?"

"Yes," I replied. Is everything okay?

"When I was younger I experienced near death. I was playing around in the woods with my mother. She always told me to not got to close to the river or I would get stuck in the current and you know drown. I did fall in the water and nearly died but what I experienced while being dead was the worst thing to happen. I- I met the Grim Reaper. He was suppose to take my soul that day."

I looked at Marie and say she had tears going down her face. I pulled her close and rubbed her arm soothingly. She continued on.

"I was saved by my mom's desperate cries. But not to long ago I got a visit from Grim and he said he will get me. He plays horrible mind games and can really get in your head. But just last night he came into my dreams and told me that he will be gone for awhile but when he does come back I will be his, but drive me to insanity."

I felt a tear go down my face. My poor Marie. I know I shouldn't be crying since I'm not dealing with this torture but I care about Marie and she doesn't deserve this at all. No one does.

We stayed on the roof for a while. I looked at the stars just beyond, bright and powerful. I could feel Marie relax and decide we go inside and sleep. Start a new day.

I hopped into bed next to Matt and cuddled close, holding tight. I stared through the window of the balcony and say a shooting star pass by. I could make a wish. But as I get older and learn there really isn't to much I could wish for, but only to wish for others.

I definitely made a wish but I could never tell until it happens. Just a secret code. I can get past anything I believe, anything.

You may see me struggle 

but you won't see me fall. 

Regardless if I'm weak or not 

I'm going to stand tall. 

Everyone says life is easy 

but truly living it is not.

Times get hard, 

people struggle

and constantly get put on the spot. 

I'm going to wear the biggest smile 

even though I want to cry. 

I'm going to fight to live 

even though I'm destined to die. 

And even though it's hard 

and I may struggle through it all. 

You may see me struggle...

but you will NEVER see me fall.

-

-

-

-

A poem by © Joyce Alcantara

It is not as long but very meaningful

Hoped you enjoyed!

Love,

Niki <3