Chapter 9

~Elina POV~

Today Larissa and I were going to train with the others. Truthfully I always wanted to fight to feel the rush of energy coursing through me. I am sure that I could use my powers within attacks, well I think only if I am in human form.

I was snuggled up to Matt's chest, nice and warm. I went up higher to lightly kiss his lips. They were incredibly soft.

"Ya?"

"Well I want to remind you that I have training this morning," I said and sat up in bed.

"But today is one of my free days," Matt whined.

"Oh boo-hoo, I need to be able to protect my self."

"I will protect you."

"Of course and I want to help you protect me."

Matt grumbled and then rolled over with his arm flying and it crashed into me. I fell back onto the bed trap by the beastly arm.

"Damn your arm is heavy. What do you eat?"

"Everything."

I sighed and then got out from under the weight and went to get ready for training. I would take a shower but why shower when I am about to get dirty anyways? Wasting water...

As I was changing I started thinking about Marie. I wonder how she is doing. I haven't had the time to talk to her since she is with her mate. I hope she is happy or her mate will be killed by me personally.

I decided to wear leggings and a tank top with my comfy tennis shoes. I walked out the huge closet and saw Matt watching T.V.

"I guess this really is your day off."

"Exactly. So when your done with training we will go out and do something ."

"Okay," I said and then walked out the room.

I took my time and walked down stairs. As I was nearing the kitchen I heard scrapping on the tile floors.

What the hell?

I went around the island and there wobbling around was chicken. A LIVE chicken. I slowly tried to approach it . But it started to walk away again. I went to the cabinet and took out a loaf of bread and started spreading crumbs, making a trail to the door. When I was done I started making weird noises toward the chicken hoping it would get its attention.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and saw Marie coming down from the stairs. I haven't seen her in a while.

"Well there is a chicken in the kitchen." Aye that rhymes.

"Why don't we just eat ?" Marie asked standing next to me. "It is pretty plumped."

"That's just rude and it is not the chickens fault it found its way here." I pointed behind me. "Someone was stupid enough to leave the door open."

The chicken then noticed the crumbs and followed the trail. I slowly walked backwards matching the pace and let it go free once it got outside.

"I'm sure your wolf would have wanted to eat," Marie said waling back to the kitchen with me following behind.

"My wolf could care less."

'Right?'

'Well it would've been tasty but it's okay.'

I groaned.

I walked to the fridge and took out some O.J. and poured Marie and me a glass.

"So how have you been?" I asked.