Prologue

I was at school, a normal day and we were receiving a new student. His name was Dominic. He was a weird kid but he wasn't that bad looking. Even if he never seemed to listen in class or care at all about school, he got the best grades. About a month went by, I never saw him with anyone, friends, girlfriend, no one, weird.

We were put into teams for a project and I was put with him. I wonder if it hadn't been for that if someone else would be doing my job? It could have been anyone, but the most embarrassing part was the subject that we had to work on. We were in science and learning about...reproduction. I know right. The worst subject you could do with a guy. So technically, I knew from the start it was doomed. He didn't seem to give a shit so I figured he'd just say what to do and that's it. I'm not gonna make it worse by saying what's the worst that could happen I already know that.

Day 1: In class we had to start the research but we had to finish at home so there was problem numero uno. We were not going to my house my mom would murder me or him and his place; well let's just say it's out of the question. I don't even know him. So I'm just sitting there waiting for us to be able to start and get it over with faster. When the teacher was done explaining, we all got up to join our partner. I went over to where he's sitting and see he's in a conversation with Jessica. Well actually she's just talking, he seemed to be ignoring her but seeing as I didn't want to interrupt I waited until she finished while trying not to listen, but she was just so loud...

This is what I heard: (Translated)

"Blah, this friend of mine, blah, party, blah, want to come?"

"No." (That's what he answered.)

Since I didn't care to be polite, I came closer and said to her:

"Sorry but we have work to do so can you talk to him after?" I said in my calmest voice.

"Sorry," she said, not feeling sorry at all and giving me a deadly look.

I just waved.

I looked innocently at her as she walked away. Yeah right as if I'm gonna steal him away from you or something. He doesn't even like the people here. Why would he bother with me?

"Hey are we gonna start?" He asked.

"Yeah sure," I answered.

We got books and started to work not talking until he asked:

"What's your name?"

Surprised, I just stared. Then I answered.

"Ellie."

 "Nice," he said then turned away again.

I looked at him perplexed as to why he wanted to know. I started writing again. I was pretty sure we weren't gonna finish today so I asked:

"Where do you want to finish it?"

"How about the library?"

"Sure, which one?"

"The one you usually go to."

"Do you know where it is?" I asked.

"Yeah I live nearby."

What?! I didn't know that.

"What time?" I asked.

"How about right after school? I have to work later."

"Sure, do you take the bus?" I asked since I never saw him in there.

"No, I take my car."

"Oh, so we meet up there", I said surprised that he had a car already.

"I can give you a ride it'd be faster if you want?"

 "Uh...sure."

"Okay. I'll wait for you after," he proposed.

I smiled a secret smile for no reason. He's pretty nice.

The bell rang and I hurried to get out before the traffic hit. I grabbed my bag from my locker and dumped my books inside. Then I walked to his locker to find him there all ready to go.

"Are you waiting for me?" I asked.

He seemed startled out of his thoughts when he turned to face me.

"Oh...eh yeah. You ready?" He asked a little confused.

"Yep, let's go", I said, turning around and heading for the door.

I wondered what he was thinking about.

As we head outside, I started to wonder what his car looked like. There weren't a lot of students that had cars; mostly just the teachers used the parking space at school. Since he's still young at 16, I guessed it would be some old used car or parents' car. Boy was I wrong.

He led me to the parking lot which I usually cross to get to the bus stop and stopped in front of a shiny silver sports car. I just stared and wondered if he had the wrong car because this looked way too foreign to belong in my school's parking lot. He just took out his keys and opened it. He held the passenger side door open for me and I got in. The interior looked so sleek and modern with GPS and everything. This kid was loaded.