Chapter Fifteen: Protecting The Castle

As they walked into the castle, Lefou voiced his concerns. He remembered Maurice talking about the objects being alive so Lefou was concerned that the castle may be haunted. But Gaston assured him not to lose his nerve. As the villagers looked around the place, some of them felt as if they knew the place already. Jean expressed it, feeling as if he had been to the castle before. As Lefou explored, he stumbled upon Mrs. Potts and Chip on their tea tray. Seeing the cup, Lefou recognised it from Maurice's story about there being a talking teacup. He turned to Mrs. Potts, assuming that she was Chip's grandmother.

She seemed offended by this, waking up and ordering the rest of the castle staff to attack. The castle suddenly lit up as everything that could move came to life. Instantly, they all started to attack the villagers, ensuring to keep their home safe from the intruders. As the coathanger went to attack Gaston, he pulled Lefou in front of him, making Lefou take the hits instead. The coathanger started punching Lefou in the face before giving him one big punch. Lefou escaped Gaston's grasp only to meet Cadenza who fell on top of him. Looking up at his friend, Lefou asked Gaston for help. Unfortunately, Gaston wouldn't help. He was off to slay the Phantom, leaving Lefou under Cadenza.

Even Cadenza was starting to feel a little bit of pity for the man he just almost crushed. Back at the village, the coachman suddenly realised that the padlock on the doors of the carriage had disappeared. Opening the doors, he saw no one inside. Maurice and (Y/N) had escaped. He closed the doors again to reveal Maurice with the padlock. He handed it back to the coachman just as (Y/N) raced off on Philippe back to the castle, leaving her yellow dress behind. Back at the castle, the villagers were still being attacked by the castle staff. Cadenza had gotten off of Lefou who was just barely recovering from what had happened. Meanwhile, Gaston was exploring the castle, trying to find Erik.

Chip was throwing up saucers at people around him as Cogsworth cheered him on. And, at last, De Garderobe had left the East Wing, ready to join the fight. A table with some books arrived at Cogsworth and De Garderobe and Cogsworth ordered them to fly and attack the intruders. Which worked until the three men who attacked Maurice earlier gave Cogsworth a glare. He took that as his sign to leave. The three men ran up the stairs to get to Cogsworth. But De Garderobe stepped in, showering the three in fabrics. And, when the fabrics floated down, all three were dressed in wigs and dresses. Two of them screamed and ran while one of them didn't seem to mind the new outfit. He smiled at De Garderobe with a slight curtsy before walking elegantly down the stairs.

As (Y/N) continued to make her way back to the castle, De Garderobe threw Mrs. Potts onto the chandelier which started to spin while she poured boiling hot water onto the people below. But she got distracted when she saw a familiar face. Jean. Though Mrs. Potts addressed him as 'Mr. Potts'. Either way, the distraction caused her to fall but Lefou caught her. Mrs. Potts thanked him before helping her attack two men who lunged at the two. Mrs. Potts complimented Lefou's help. After what Gaston had said and done, Lefou wanted to join the castle staff in the fight. Mrs. Potts agreed and suggested they continue the fight. Cadenza was doing well to fight off everyone around him, making them all fly when he kicked them, all while still playing his music.

But soon, the old woman told everyone to shut him up. Hearing this, De Garderobe stood up on the banister, greeting her long-lost love. De Garderobe jumped down from the balcony, sending the woman flying. Once she was dealt with, Cadenza shot the keys of his piano self at everyone around him. Meanwhile, Lumiere had set up some gunpowder and lit it, making everyone over it jump out of the way. This caused everyone to run away. All except one. Agathe had managed to walk through the chaos and was making her way up the stairs as everyone fled. As everyone left, (Y/N) finally made it to the castle. But, despite everyone fleeing, Gaston was still inside, climbing up the stairs to find Erik. He had seen the lights from across the palace and followed them. Once he reached the top of the tower, he found Erik staring into the darkness below him. Seeing him, Gaston dropped his torch, gaining Erik's attention. Gaston held up his pistol.

"Hello, Phantom," Gaston cocked his pistol, "I'm Gaston. (Y/N) sent me."

Hearing this, Erik looked away, devastated that she had sent this mob after him. And yet not all too surprised. He did have her trapped in the castle for a while. But his heart broke hearing these words from Gaston.

"Are you in love with her?" Gaston asked him, "Did you honestly think she'd want you?"

Noticing Erik's silence, he took the opportunity to shoot him in the shoulder. Erik yelled out in pain as he fell off the tower. But he managed to catch himself on a nearby rooftop. Erik climbed up, saving himself from falling. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity, Gaston reached for his arrows only to see that they weren't in their holder. Turning to see if he had dropped them, he saw (Y/N) in her white underdress and coat, arrows in hand. She snapped them in half and threw them off to the side. 

"Where is he?!" (Y/N) asked Gaston

"When we return to the village, you will marry me," Gaston said once again reaching for his pistol, "And that Phantom's head will hang on our wall!"

"Never!"

(Y/N) tried to snatch the pistol from him but he kept a tight hold. Unfortunately, when he had her let go, the platform below him broke, making him fall and throw the gun. But he managed to grab onto the ledge and fall safely into an open room below them. He watched the pistol land on the other side of the castle so he left to get it. Seeing it, (Y/N) took her coat off and went to try and stop Gaston from gaining back his weapon to finish Erik off.