Introduction

Once upon a time in the hidden heart of France, a handsome young Prince lived in a beautiful castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the Prince was selfish and unkind.

"Master, it's time," a servant told him, showing the time on his pocket watch

The prince gave a nod to another servant next to him. They brought the Prince a handheld mirror to show the makeup that had just been put on for him. He taxed the village to fill his castle with the most beautiful objects and his parties with the most beautiful people. The Prince snapped his fingers, telling his maestro to start playing music for the ball he was throwing with the hundreds of beautiful women he had invited. The maestro started to play the piano as everyone bowed before the Prince, sitting on his throne.

He stood just as the women started dancing with each other, waiting for the Prince to join them. A Diva next to the Maestro starts to sing as the Prince danced with his guests. But, just as the dance got quicker, two loud bangs came from outside in the pouring rain. A large gust of wind blows the doors open, letting the person outside in and blowing all the candles out. The unexpected intruder kneeled to him, seeking shelter from the bitter storm. As a gift, she offered the Prince a single rose.

Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the Prince turned the woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's outward appearance melted away to reveal a beautiful Enchantress. The Prince tried to apologize but it was too late. For she had seen that there was no love in his heart. As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous Phantom and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there.

Enraged, the Phantom took a sword and slashed the portate of him. Back when his face wasn't so distorted and deformed. As days bled into years, the Prince and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the Enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved. But the rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose. If he could learn to love another and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell, the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope.

For who could ever learn to love a Phantom?