"Elianna, I have been planning this thing for most of my life. I'm not stopping it for anybody."

I nodded. "Well, at least try not to die."

He laughed. "I'm not going to die on purpose, Elianna. However, he is my godfather. He knows I'm coming and he is going to have something in place for me when I strike."

I nodded.

"You're laughing a lot," I pointed out. "I've never seen you this happy before. You were always so grumpy."

His smile faded and I regretted telling him.

"I guess my life is less depressing now," he said to me and I smiled.

"It seems like last night also changed your life too," I joked and he smiled at me.

"Guys!" Seb shouted as he stood with a group of people. "Come over here!"

We walked over to two men and a woman.

"Guys, this is Marco, Lorenzo and Maria," he told us before turning to them. "Guys this is Enzo and Elianna."

We all shook each other's hands.

"It's so nice to finally meet the man in person," Lorenzo said. "I have heard a lot about you. You look even more scarier than people have describe."

Enzo nodded his head. "Good to meet you."

Lorenzo turned to me and kissed my hand. "I didn't know Mr. Enzo had such a beautiful wife."

I blushed and Enzo glared at me. "Thank you."

"Why have I never met you?" Enzo asked straightforwardly as usual.

"I am low in the ranks. How could I be so bold to present myself to such a high ranked individual like you?" He answered.

"I don't like suck ups," Enzo said and Seb and I both gave him a look but he purposely didn't look at us.

Marco quickly stepped in. "My brother in law wasn't trying to suck up to you. He was trying to say that he didn't believe you would want to talk to him because he is not that important."

"I started as a nobody with nothing," Enzo told them. "I am the last person you should be afraid to approach."

"Your papa was capo, sir. The youngest and best one we ever had," Lorenzo said.

"Yeah, look where that got him. Killed with nothing left in his name."

"Enzo, they were just trying to be nice," Seb told him.

Enzo sighed. "What I am trying to say is that it doesn't matter who I am. You can approach me anytime."

Enzo means well but everything he says just comes out mean. I mean, at least he corrected himself.

Baby steps.

Marco smiled. "It looks like our future capo is going to take back his rightful spot."

"That's right!" Lorenzo joined. "I don't care what anybody else says. Romano is a coward who doesn't deserve his position."

"Let's slip away from all that business talk," Maria whispered into my ear and I followed her.

She picked up two glasses of champagne and handed one to me.

"Cheers," she said as she lifted up her glass.

"Cheers," I said back as I clicked mine with hers.

"You are very pretty," she complimented me as we sat down on the balcony. "Better than Francesca."

I turned to her. "You know Francesca?"

"Everyone does. She is the princess around here. Everyone thought she would be the one who Mr. Enzo married."

"Really?"

I wanted to know more about her. No one tells me about her. She might tell me.

She nodded. "Everyone was so shocked when they found out he got married to someone else. I'm happy though. Never liked her."

"In my opinion, you are an upgrade. You are Mr. Enzo compliment each other so well. He never used to smile or talk at events. That is why Lorenzo said what he said."

I figured.

"You must love him as well. The way you looked at him as he talked made me remember how I first felt when Lorenzo and I got married."

She's lying. I don't love him.

"Maria!" Lorenzo shouted with with big smile on his face.

We both got up and walked back over to them.

"Baby, Mr. Enzo has just offered me a higher station under his leadership."

Her mouth dropped and she immediately bowed. "Oh, thank you, sir."

"Please, get up," Enzo said. "Don't make me regret this."

"I will not, sir!" He said before they all left.

"Enzo is changing. He would've never done that, especially to someone he doesn't know," Seb whispered into my ear.