Chapter 2

"What does reading have to do with our mission" Gray groaned, looking at the 

leather-bound book in front of him.  Both Erza and Lucy had hatched a plan, but hadn't bothered to tell either of he boys. 

"We will tell you in a minute, just keep on looking" Lucy said as she ran around the guilds library in search of a certain book.

"Looking for what" Natsu called back, his voice was full of annoyance. He gripped the book in front of him and scanned over each page "I hate reading" he groaned.

"Well suck it up and read more" Erza snapped, her eyes were skimming through five books at once.

Lucy turned back "Ah-hah, got it" she said, her fist rose in the air with excitement. Both Natsu and Gray craned their necks to look at the book she was holding in her hand. "It's all about the Serpent Horn dark guild" she said.

Natsu cocked his head to the side "Huh?" he asked. Gray did the same "Who?"

Erza stood up straighter and tried to look more dignified "The Serpent Horn dark guild is a very old, very ancient dark guild that has been around since even before Master's father was alive.  It's even said to be the grandfather of all dark guilds" 

Natsu and Gray both look at the book more intently now.

Lucy looked down at a book again "Hmm, now that I think about it, I've read up on some criminal activity that's happened in the seven years we were gone. All the attacks have been specifically centered on guilds in this area, and each attack happened similarly to this one.

" Interesting, it's been dormant for nearly a century now, but the men... or "minions" who attacked the guild defiantly had the insignia on their bodies" Erza continued. "If we find out where their headquarters is, then we just might be able to infiltrate the guild before it becomes powerful again"

"And we know just the place to start looking" Lucy added, "We're going to Oak 

Town" she said cheerfully. 

Gray looked at her weirdly "Isn't that the town where the old Phantom Lord guild used to be" He asked "Why are you so cheerful about going back to that hellhole of a town?" Lucy shrugged it off "The last time I was there, I was tortured and I leaped out of a hundred foot tower. I might as well start off fresh and forget all of those memories"

"By replacing them with new ones about a guild that's ten times more powerful and just about a hundred times more evil" Gray remarked. Lucy laughed and looked at her teammates "Yes, but this time is different than last time" she reminded him as if he would know.

"Oh, and why's that" Natsu asked. 

Lucy grabbed her keys "I'm just about a hundred times more powerful than I was then. This time, I won't let anyone push me down" 

Erza smiled and patted the young girls back "That's the way to think, now, go get ready for our mission, we leave tomorrow" Erza patted Lucy's back once more and left the library.