𝙞𝙫.

𝚒𝚟. 𝚖𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚖𝚞𝚖

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

·✲

BELLA AND GINNY EXCHANGED a wide-eyed glance, momentarily forgetting their feud as they listened to their siblings bicker with the Order members from their place on the floor, both having retreated there after they finished their dinner, where they'd previously been playing with Crookshanks with opposing corks, both trying to win his favour and use that against the other. Crookshanks and the corks were quickly forgotten.

"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" Fred asked angrily, bouncing off of Sirius' claim that he didn't need to be in the Order of the Phoenix to ask questions.

"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" George added, voice reverberating.

"You're too young, you're not in the Order," Fred mocked in a voice that Bella thought sounded impressively like his mum's. "Harry's not even of age!"

Sirius blinked at the twins calmly. "It's not my fault you haven't been told what the Order's doing. That's your parents' decision. Harry, on the other hand, and Bella, for that matter—"

Bella's ears perked at the mention of herself, but Mrs. Weasley interrupted Sirius before he could continue. "It's not down to you to decide what's good for them! You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said, I suppose?"

"Which bit?" Sirius asked tersely.

"The bit about not telling Harry more than he needs to know."

"Doesn't seem like he gave any instruction regarding me, then," Bella interjected brightly, and Sirius pointed at her, looking slightly triumphant.

"An excellent point. And I don't intend to tell them more than they need to know, Molly," Sirius said with narrowed eyes, and the whole room seemed to hold its breath at his mocking tone. "But as Harry was the one who saw Voldemort come back, he has more right than most to—"

"He's not a member of the Order of the Phoenix!" Mrs. Weasley cried. "He's only fifteen and—"

"—and he's dealt with as much as most in the Order," said Sirius pointedly, "and more than some—"

"No one's denying what he's done!" Mrs. Wealsey's voice grew steadily higher, and her clenched fists trembled on the arms of her chair. "But he's still—"

"He's not a child!"

"He's not an adult, either! He's not James, Sirius, and Bella isn't Lily!"