𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

·✲

BELLA WAS EXPERIENCING CONSEQUENCES to her actions to an uncomfortable degree as of late. It seemed as though her stunt had made things awkward for all the Gryffindor third-years, as they were quite a tight-knit group and word travelled very closely amongst them. They'd even gone so far as to postpone Open Mic Night for the time being, until, as Ginny so eloquently said when she made the announcement, everybody could "get their shit together."

Everybody mostly just meant Bella and Jack, but Bella was staunchly ignoring this. If anything, this was the perfect opportunity to focus on her investigation. She'd been getting too distracted from it lately, anywho, and she felt like time was slipping away from her – it was already almost Christmas.

Luckily, a perfect opportunity presented itself in the announcement of the upcoming Yule Ball.

"But we can't go to the Yule Ball – we're third-years," Victoria frowned when Bella told them that she had a plan revolving around it. They were seated in the library around their usual table, the only other occupants being Viktor Krum, his fangirls, and a couple French students studying.

"We don't need to be there – everyone else will be."

"You're going to need to explain more than that," Eva raised her eyebrows at Bella.

Bella rolled her eyes. "Everyone, including the staff, will be at the Yule Ball. Erego, we can break into Snow White's office and search for clues!"

There was silence for a moment as her friends thought about what she'd just said.

"Is that really necessary?" Tori finally asked, scrunching her eyebrows doubtfully. "For all we know, he's taking wolfsbane like Professor Lupin was, and I wouldn't want to expose him for something like that."

"Well we have to find out either way!" Bella insisted. "There's too many weird things that have happened – all of you know that! At least this will get us some answers. I will be getting into his– her office whether you lot help me or not."

She could tell her friends were losing steam with the Moody investigation, and, really, she couldn't blame them. It had been two months that they'd been looking into him, and they still knew just as much as they had when they started; he kept a reddish-orange, musty-smelling, lumpy liquid in his flask that made Bella's skin bubble when she drank it and he exhibited strange behaviour sometimes. All that had really been confirmed was that some of it seemed out of character, according to Amelia Bones, and it almost definitely wasn't blood. She could see how their lack of progress may be discouraging, but she wouldn't be giving up until she found out the truth, and that was the end of the matter.