𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞.

𝚡𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

·✲

BELLA WAS ALONE in the common room, continuing her studies of Mad-Eye Moody after the previous day's interruptions, when Fred, George, and Lee returned from the hospital wing, the twins miraculously free of facial hair after their attempt to cross the age line.

"Shame, thought you two could use the boost through puberty," Bella grinned as they entered the portrait hole.

"Seems like she's got jokes, Georgie," Fred said, a teasing edge to his voice as he sat in the armchair next to hers. "Bold words considering it was her fault."

Bella quirked a brow. "My fault?"

George nodded, sitting in the armchair on her other side. "You gave us that potions book."

"And I recall mentioning that I doubted anything in there would actually be helpful."

"Bloody stupid, those rules," Fred shook his head, losing any pretense of anger at Bella. "We'll be seventeen in April, that's before the tournament even ends – they should just open it to sixth and seventh years."

"At least Angelina's decided to enter," Bella said brightly. "She's got a better chance at winning than the two of you combined."

Fred grinned, eyes falling to the book in Bella's lap before he could make a retort. "What is it that you're always reading, anyway? Don't you have friends?"

She rolled her eyes. "Nope, none at all, thanks for depressing me by bringing up my lonely social standing."

"Where is our dear sister today?" George asked, distracting Bella long enough that Fred had time to reach an arm over and steal the book in her lap before she could defend herself.

"Hey!" she yelped, jumping out of her armchair and standing in front of Fred, who was trying to make out the cover. "That could've been a book on magical menstruation or something, you know, egg would have been on your face then."

He scrunched his nose. "Nice to know it's not. Can you make out what it says, George?"

And then he threw it past Bella, to his brother, who caught it with ease. Bella scrambled to his armchair as he opened it to look at the title page. "The Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures' Blood – First Edition? That's a strange book to be pouring over, wouldn't you say, Freddie?"

"I'd say so, George," he easily caught the book that was once again thrown in his direction. "I wonder what Bella's doing studying books on drafts and potions and creature blood. Quite peculiar."