𝙭𝙫𝙞.

𝚡𝚟𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚔
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚔❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

·✲

BELLA DIDN'T WANT TO SEE HARRY DIE at any point in her life, and certainly not at a tournament he hadn't even been willingly entered in, so she told him just as much on the morning before the First Task.

"Listen," she corned him in the Common Room, "I know you're a huge idiot and all, but try not to be one today, okay?"

Harry rolled his eyes but grinned at the sentiment. "I promise I'll try my best to not be an idiot."

"Good," Bella nodded. "Any idea what the first task will be?"

Harry paled suddenly and raised a hand to fiddle with his glasses nervously. "I'd tell you, but... well, I have a feeling you'd be mad. Don't worry, though, Moody and Hagrid and Hermione helped me loads – oh, look, I think that's her calling me now! Love you, Bells, see you later!"

Bella rolled her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose as she sucked in a deep breath. His words weren't comforting in the slightest, but she had to remind herself of the simple fact that Harry had already faced death countless times in his life and had survived each one of them with a certain level of ease – if anything, the Triwizard Tournament should've been a walk in the park compared to everything else.

Wait.

"Moody helped you?" she called after him, but it was too late – Harry was already gone from the Common Room, likely joining Hermione in the Great Hall for breakfast. Bella sighed, trying to tie in what she'd just learned to everything else she already knew about Moody. It definitely complicated things.

The Potter Stinks badges that confronted her and her friends when they left the Common Room certainly did nothing to help her frazzled mind.

"You'd think people would be more supportive," she hissed to her friends as they passed a particularly snotty group of fifth-year Ravenclaws sporting the badges. "This is supposed to be about school camaraderie and international cooperation, and they can't even get it in their thick skulls to support both the competitors from their own school. You'd think they'd be happy that we have a higher chance of winning now!"

"We could make badges that say 'Diggory sucks co-'"

"Eva!" Victoria interrupted, eyes wide as she looked around to make sure no one heard what her friend said.

Eva only shrugged. "What? Look at him, do you think it's a lie?"

"The way he's been ogling Cho Chang, I'd think so, yeah," Ginny retorted, smirking slightly.