Chapter 2

As I walked inside the house, I heard someone crying. I kind of figured it was my mom. Ever since she got pregnant all she did was cry and feel miserable for herself. I walked into the kitchen and there she was, sitting in the chair just pouring her eyes out.

"Mama, whats wrong with you now? And where is daddy?", I said as I sat down beside her. I was really wondering where my dad was, he would usually be here by the time I got home from school. Hugging me telling me how much he loved me.

"I'm so happy your home, I've got so much to tell you. So much has happened", she said now holding her chest like she was going to pass out

"Whats wrong with you? Mama you scaring me", I said now getting worried

"They took him, they took him..." She said as she finally passed out on the floor.

Who took who? Who is him? And where the hell is my dad?

************* Later that night*************

Sitting in this hospital had me thinking about a lot of things. One thing was my mom, I hoped and prayed that her and my baby brother would be okay. Then my mind wondered to my dad, I tried calling and calling him to let him that mom had passed out and was now in the hospital but strangely he never once picked up.

Thats unlike him. He would always answer my calls, no matter the time of day he always answered. For some reason that didn't sit to easily with me.

"Ashia come over here"

I jumped because I didn't even notice that she had awoken. I got up from my sit and quickly went up to her.

"Now I know you maybe pretty confused right now but listen closely because I'm only saying this one time and one time only. You understand?"

I nodded my head yes and tuned everything out just so I could here every word that came out of her mouth.

"Well your father is gone baby, not gone as in dead but gone as in his going to be in jail for a very long time. A while back we started to notice that our spending habits had got out of control and we were completely B-R-O-K-E , broke ! So your father got in touch with some old friends and old business partners and he instantly once again became the biggest drug lord in Georgia. Everything was good for a while but I guess the police have been investigating and they bombed rushed one of his biggest spots and found everything . They came and got him right after you went to school. I'm sorry baby girl" she said now crying.

I didn't know what to say to her. I was completely speechless. I didn't know wether to break down and cry or scream and yell how stupid she was. I couldn't deal with the fact that my dad was really gone. I had to get out of this room.

I quickly ran out the room. I planned on getting as far away from this hospital as I could, but the tears that I held in my eyes blinded me. And thats when I ran into someone.

I instantly looked up to apologize so I could be on my way but that all changed when I seen who it was.

"Are you okay gorgeous?"