Enoch stroked his chin and looked at the map spread out on the floor again.

I followed Enoch's gaze. There are no supply marks on the maps we have, but as I recall, there are three places on the North Island that have supply marks.

One of those three places is located in this bunker. I wonder if the things we packed might be 'supply items'.

Then Enoch opened his mouth. "I also remember there's a supply location mark near the mother of monsters."

He looked at me and asked for my opinion. "How about we go there first while looking for Sir Diego, then find the Saintess? The place where the mother of monsters is located is a very dangerous place, so let's plan again after grasping the situation well."

Everyone nodded at Enoch's words. While thinking about the mother of monsters, I recalled what Jenas had told me.

"I'm just borrowing the monster's eyes, not manipulating them. They just like you."

"Why do monsters like me?"

"You must smell delicious, Meg, different from the others."

He said monsters like me......

It's not liking that makes them follow me everywhere like Eunji, but because they think of me as delicious food.

Is it really okay for me to go to the mother of monsters?

"And I think there is someone in your group who can use mana."

"How did that person use mana that I can't do in this body?"

If Jenas eventually found out that my soul is different, wouldn't he have noticed that I am the one who can use mana?

I want to meet Jenas. I still have many questions I want to ask him.

"What is the mother of monsters?"

"Go there yourself."

"I hope you survive, Meg. It's kind of a gamble? Let's just say it's fun. Try your best here, on Alea Island."

My head hurts remembering what Jeans said.

'You son of a bitxh!'

***

-pitter-patter.

It was an afternoon of heavy rain.

If monsters appear in this kind of weather, there is a limit to using flares. This is because the flames of the flares quickly faded in the rain.

'Damn it, there's no umbrella or raincoat in the bunker.'

I put on the hood of the bomber jacket I was wearing. However, the three men had no hoods, so they couldn't help but face the rain.

Kayden and Enoch each had large backpacks, and Ruzef was holding Eunji. Realizing the crossbody bag I was wearing was wet, I put it in my jacket.

Flares and lighters were stored wrapped in a shirt-like cloth, but even that could get wet if it rained so mercilessly.

The amount of rain pouring was extraordinary.

We struggled on the muddy paths. Fortunately, we found a cave near the river and entered it.

"Dammit. It rained suddenly as if it had been waiting," Kayden muttered irritably, squeezing his wet robe.

I sat idly at the entrance to the cave, gazing wistfully at the falling rain. It was a real disaster as soon as we put our plan into action.

It's been a long time since I've seen rain. I don't think it has ever rained since I woke up on this island.

-swaaash.