Tough news

Sana went into work the next day feeling better. She had come to realise that she already had the two of them. She could spend time with one in New York and time with the other in LA. She could then have the best of both and have them together also, from time to time. She could love them both and have them both and that was not about to stop.
As she was about to head into her office she called in at the doctors surgery, she needed to get more contraception tablets as she was running low. "Can I see the nurse please"

The receptionist knew Sana well as the practice lead nurse was her sister so she was always seen at a fast pace and it was just 10 minutes before she was called in. Her nurse looked at her. "So you let your prescription run low?"

"But I am in time Clare, don't get at me"

"well, I will need to do this by the book, so you know what you need to do"

"Really, I don't know anyone else that needs to do this. Just because you're my sister"

"it doesn't matter, I like to look after you sis"

Her sister gave her a pot for a water sample so that she could test it. "you know I take my contraceptive pill regularly"

"I know but like I said its best to be sure. Anyway, who are you seeing now, I have not heard you say anything for a while"

"that's because I don't need to tell you everything that I get up to, you are not my mother although I know you wish you were" she laughed. "How is life with Tommy and the kids?" Sana asked her.

"things are good you should come over and see us all for dinner sometime" she said. " I barely see you anymore" she took the water sample and tested it. And Sana kept talking she took it out after a minute or so and stared at it. "Sana.... Sana shut up a minute, you haven't been taking your pill properly, you can't have been...

"What?" Sana said her brow furrowed.

She shoved the stick under her nose. "you're pregnant!"

"Don't fuck around with me, I don't have time for jokes, I need to get to the office just give my script..

"Sana I am not messing with you... Look!"

Sana saw it but it wouldn't sink in. " I need to go" she said and left quickly.

"Sana!!!" her sister called after her but she was gone.

-------

Jay had touched down in New York, he had a meeting with a TV station and a couple of radio interviews to do while he was there. He got to the studio to meet up with Nas and some others that he hadn't caught up with for a while.
Dave saw him walk in and smiled. "you good man?"

He nodded. "How is Sana?"

"She's okay, you can get to see her later" he told him. "for now, there is some Hennessy and home grown already on the go in studio one" Dave added.

-----

Sana sat quietly in her office. Jade walked past several times and looked in but Sana was million miles away. Finally she stopped and opened the door. "Sana, do you want a coffee?"

Sana come back to reality. "No, I'm fine" she said.
"You don't seem fine" Jade said to her.

"I am fine, do you not have work to do?" she snapped. "In fact I need to get outta here. Put my out of office on for me and take messages. I don't want to be disturbed today." She grabbed her coat and bag and left the office swiftly.

She got into her car and sat for a minute before taking out her cell and calling Regina.
"Hey sis, Whats up?" Regina answered.

"I need to talk to you, please meet me at the coffee shop"

"Okay, i'll head there now." She knew by the seriousness of her friend's voice that she was troubled. The call ended.

As Sana sat in the coffee shop waiting for her friends arrival she felt her cell phone buzz. She saw that it was Dave and she sat back to read his text.

Daddy Dave
Hey baby, I've got a little surprise for you when you get off of work. Just come to my place as normal and you'll see.

She sighed heavily and looked up at the door to see Regina coming in. Sana had already ordered her coffee so she sat straight down. "Sis, you look like you've seen a ghost, what's up?."

"Gina.. I'm fucking pregnant." She told her, she held her head in her hands.

"Oh shit.. but you are so regular with your contraception?... damn San, what are you gonna do..

"I don't know it could be either of theirs..I don't even know if I'm ready to be a mother.. what do I do Regina?." She asked her desperately. "Give me business meetings and a head full of math equations and figures I can cope with all of that.. but a baby.. and not knowing who the father is?." She shook her head. "I can't deal with that."

Regina held her hand over the table. "You need to talk to them both.. at the same time and you need to get an appointment, find out how far gone you are and when it's due." She looked at her. "You got this, who ever the father is they won't see you or the baby go without and you know that.. are you any closer to knowing what it is you want from them?."

Sana shook her head. "No, the fact still remains. I want them both. Only I might need to move away and have the baby and not tangle with either of them."

Regina sighed. "One of them is the daddy and it's unfair to just go like that..

"It's unfair to stay.. I have to go, today.. come back with me and help me pack."

"Okay, but I still think that you need to talk to them." She said. "You go on to your place and I'll follow you over."

As Sana walked out Regina knew she had to speak to them both, she just needed to do some digging and find out where to find Dave. She couldn't let her friend just up and leave like that.