32. New Confessions

Start from the beginning

"My apologies, sweetheart. That wasn't my intention." Finn said apologetically as he came closer to pick up the grimoire that she had dropped on the floor when she jumped but his face held amusement at her reaction.

"Thank you." she said when he picked up the grimoire and placed it on the table next to her.

"What time is it?" Hayley questioned looking out the window where she could see that the sun looked like it had moved.

"7:45 am. Why? How long have you been awake?" Finn asked with a confused face.

"Wow, time went by fast. I thought I was only here for like 20 minutes. I've been up since 6." Hayley thought out loud.

"Why did you wake up so early, pretty girl?" Finn questioned. The cute nickname rolling off his tongue easily like he uses it everyday.

"I don't know, I just woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep." she murmured with a pink blush on her cheeks from his nickname.

"Did you eat yet or do you want me to make you some breakfast?" he asked, sitting in the chair next to her.

"I ate already." she told him, making him nod. Then he pulled out a book that he had been reading while Hayley opened up the grimoire again and they just read their separate books in a comfortable silence.

They sat like that for a good 20 minutes before Klaus came downstairs looking for Hayley.

"Finn, have you seen-" Klaus started asking before cutting himself off when he entered the library to see Finn and Hayley reading.

"Oh, there you are, love." Klaus said with a bright smile.

Looking over at him Hayley could see that he had changed his clothes, so he was no longer wearing pajamas.

"What are you reading?" Klaus asked her as he made his way to sit in a chair near her.

"Nothing special. Just some spells. I was curious as to why witches made the spells and what they used it for." she explained to him.

"Well then you should bring this up with Kol. He would love to teach you all about magic. I bet he even helped create most of the spells in that book." Klaus told her making her eyes light up.

"Do you really think he would teach me about it?" she asked feeling giddy about knowing more about magic.

"Of course, he would little hybrid. Now have you eaten yet?" Klaus questioned.

"Yeah, I ate some cereal about a couple hours ago when I woke up." Hayley said shrugging her shoulders. Sure, she didn't have a lot of cereal, but she wasn't really in the mood for a big breakfast.

"Is that all you ate? Are you sure you're not hungry?" Klaus asked concerned with the lack of food.

"Not right now, but maybe I'll have a snack later. Is Kol and Elijah up yet?" Hayley asked, setting the grimoire down on the table next to her.

"Yes, I believe Kol is downstairs having some fun with our guests and Elijah is doing who knows what." Finn told her, also putting his book down on the table.

"Well, can one of you by any chance have them come to the kitchen? I've made my decision and I want to tell you guys." Hayley asked now feeling like she wants to eat something because of her nerves.

However, her words put Finn and Klaus on edge because even though they were all patiently waiting for her to decide on what she wants, now that she knows what she wants they were hoping their hearts won't be broken.

"Of course love." Klaus said as he and Finn got up both to get a different brother and bring them to the kitchen.

Hayley too got up and made her way to the kitchen and opened up the freezer.