9. Rebekah

While they ate dinner Klaus told them about Marcel's request/demand to dagger Elijah and bring him to him. Elijah narrowed his eyes at that with a calculating expression on his face.

"You're not gonna do it, are you?" Hayley asked him curious as she accepted the glass of water Klaus held out for her.

Klaus looked at her expecting to see judgment written all over her face but all he saw was curiosity making him let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"What is wrong with me? I've never cared about anyone's opinion before. What's causing me to care now?" he wondered to himself.

"Of course not little wolf. Our child needs all the protection they can get and I know for a fact that those witches aren't gonna want to protect our baby. But Elijah has proven that he will protect it. Now I'm just trying to figure out a way to gain Marcel's trust without giving him, Elijah." Klaus trailed off.

"What if we did give him 'Elijah'?" Hayley said with a knowing smirk making the brothers look at her with shocked expressions.

"Oh calm down, that's not what I meant," she said rolling her eyes at their expressions.

"I have recently made a wonderful discovery. I am a hybrid but unlike Nik, I'm a witch and a werewolf," she told them.

"We can figure out how that happened but how can that help us right now?" Elijah asked her.

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm not actually linked to Sophie," she said smirking.

"But the needle..." Elijah started as he recalled the needle and blood that showed they were linked.

"Pretty realistic right? That was an illusion that I made to trick those stupid witches. I already placed protection spells on myself so any spell they try casting with me or our baby won't work." Hayley told them proud of herself.

"But how could you possibly know that they were going to kidnap you and place a spell on you?" Elijah questioned.

"Well ever since my witchy powers came in I have been having these visions of the future, and if I made specific decisions then I can change it to help our family." when she said 'our family' Elijah and Klaus felt their hearts warm knowing that she thought of them as family.

"So anyway back to what I was saying is that I can make an illusion on someone to make them look and seem like a desiccated Elijah and that way you get Marcel's trust and we don't have to dagger Elijah," Hayley explained to them as she washed their dishes.

"Well I'm tired I'm gonna head up to bed now, goodnight," she said kissing their cheeks after she finished the dishes.

"Goodnight little hybrid," Klaus said

"Goodnight Hayley," Elijah responded

"Rebekah is coming tomorrow," Elijah told Klaus once Hayley had gone upstairs.

Klaus nodded his head a little and said, "Good. It'll be good for Hayley to have another girl around here. Goodnight brother."

"Goodnight Neeeklaus," Elijah told him.

The next day they all woke up early (7 am) so they could prepare the body of the fake Elijah to give Marcel. Klaus had grabbed a rapist off the street, turned him, and brought him back to the house.

While he was doing that Hayley was casting an illusion spell on a wooden stake to make it look like one of the daggers and so that whoever it stakes looks like Elijah.

"Wow, it looks so realistic." Klaus said looking at "Elijah's" body and poking his cheek.

"Stop it Neeeeeklaus," Elijah told his brother rolling his eyes at the childish action.