cuddle closer

It was 3:39 am. I couldn't sleep. I just woke up randomly and now here I am, eyes wide open in the dark with my 6 foot boyfriend cuddling my 5'7 frame.
I yawned and tried my best to get out of James's grip but he just wouldn't budge.

I sighed and eventually I wriggled out of his arms, quietly I made my way to the door trying not to wake my boyfriend up from his slumber.

Slowly and quietly I walked downstairs, flashlight in hand and turned on the living room lights.
I yawned and went to the Kitchen as quietly as possible. You know that moment when its like 3 am and everyone is asleep and you wanna make popcorn and the microwave goes off?
That was me right now.

Trying my best to keep quiet while making popcorn. Jamie was asleep and he looked so cute I just couldn't wake him up.

I smiled. Me and James had been together for a few months now, he was the best.

I would come home from work and he would already be making dinner. Although he wasn't that good of a cook-no shade though, I'm not very good.

Then I was snapped from my thoughts from the microwave going off. Fuck. James is a heavy sleeper anyway so it should be fine.

I turned off the lights and sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Lowering the volume, I got comfortable and began eating.

That's when I heard footsteps from the stairs.
I turned around to see a tired James standing in the stairway.

"Babe? What are you doing up?" He rubbed his eyes like a little kid telling his mother he had a nightmare.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came down here to pass some time. I didn't wanna wake you."
He came and sat next to me and signaled for me to cuddle in close.

He started to play with my hair.
"I'm sorry I woke you."

He looked down at me and smiled, he spoke with a groggy tone.

"Oh honey, you didn't wake me, I woke up because I needed to take a piss and noticed you weren't next to me in bed, so I came down here and there you were, sitting on the couch looking adorable as always."

I giggled at the "take a piss" part, he always knows how to make me laugh.

I cuddled closer and I eventually fell asleep in his arms.