🔹𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊🔹

"I am pregnant." Lan Wangji stated as calm as he could, fidgeting with his robes and hoping that Wei Wuxian would not uncover his nervousness. 

Wei Wuxian stared at him for a whole minute before finally wording out, "I know."

Lan Wangji was quite taken aback by his husband's words and was rendered speechless. "You know?"

Wei Wuxian's gleeful face just a few minutes ago instantly turned melancholic and he looked down, unable to meet Lan Wangji's gaze. He held Lan Wangji's hands tight and murmured slowly, "I know already, Lan Zhan."

"How?" Lan Wangji's tone was filled with confusion and full of questions.

"I... I heard." Wei Wuxian stuttered.

"You heard?" Lan Wangji inquired again.

"I..." Wei Wuxian could not his husband that he he was there when the Lan healer had announced that Lan Wangji was pregnant. He could not tell Lan Wangji the truth. At least, not yet!

"Aiyaa, Lan Zhan, I will tell you the details later. Alright? I promise."

Lan Wangji examined Wei Wuxian's face for a while and his heart sank. Wei Wuxian did not look happy at all. There was no trace of happiness in him. Even of he had already heard the news and wasn't surprised, why was he not happy?!

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji called out in a low whisper.

"Mn, Lan Zhan?"

"You..." Lan Wangji did not know how he was supposed to word this out. "Are you not... Happy with my pregnancy?"

"What?!" Wei Wuxian looked befuddled and his eyes were wide as if it could pop out any moment.

"You don't look happy." Lan Wangji said carefully not wanting Wei Wuxian to misinterpret his meaning.

"I am happy, Lan Zhan. How can I not be happy?" Wei Wuxian remarked.

"Then, why are you not..." Lan Wangji didn't have to continue for Wei Wuxian understood the meaning.

"I am happy, Lan Zhan. Of course. But I am just... I just feel sad that, I wasn't there with you all these time. You were pregnant with our baby but I couldn't even be by your side. I couldn't-..."

Lan Wangji shushed Wei Wuxian placing a finger on his lips and wiped away the tear that fell down his cheek.

"Wei Ying is here now. The past doesn't matter anymore."

Wei Wuxian looked at him in stunned silence then realising what Lan Wangji had just said, he kissed Lan Wangji's finger that was on his lips. He kosse the back of the hand, the palm, all the ten fingers, the knuckles, then all over again.

"Thank you, Lan'er. Thank you!" He cried.

With trembling hands, Wei Wuxian touched his stomach reverently, golden eyes glossy with emotion. He was overwhelmed, happily so, and it was only the feeling of Wei Wuxian's palm, warm and comforting over his own hand, that kept Lan Wangji from floating away, getting lost in his thoughts.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian whispered, his voice cracking. He was so expressive, as always, beaming wildly, tears streaming down his face. "Lan Zhan, you wonderful man, give your husband a kiss."

Wei Wuxian was bold in his explorations, all but tearing off Lan Wangji's robes to study him carefully. The look in his eyes was passionate, motivated, and for a moment Lan Wangji feared that he was going to sob again.

Wei Wuxian could not hold back his tears and tears flooded his cheeks once again.

"A baby," Wei Wuxian uttered, and beamed, feeling radiant. "Our baby!"

"You are softer," he then said, rubbing circles into Lan Wangji's cheeks. "Your cheeks, just a bit less sharp."

"Here," Wei Wuxian cradled his jaw, thumb sweeping over the left side of Lan Wangji's face.

Lan Wangji hummed under Wei Wuxian's touch, feeling the warmth radiate all over his body.

Lan Wangji lifted an eyebrow in a taunt, as if to say, 'are you complaining?'

Wei Wuxian laughed at that. "No," Wei Wuxian replied, answering the silent question. "Gods, no. You are, without a doubt, the most handsome man on earth."

"Wei Ying is handsome too. But Wei Ying has lost weight. He looks more slimmer." Lan Wangji stated.

"Do I?"

"Mn." Lan Wangji affirmed.

"Then, HanGuang-Jun, I hope you can take food care of this poor husband from now on."

"Always."

Wei Wuxian was vibrating with so much emotion that he felt as though there was an earthquake in his bones.

Lan Wangji looked at him once again, his gaze searching as those golden eyes swept up and down his thin, dirty frame. Wei Wuxian knew he was a mess. His robes were old and nearly worn out, he was thinner than he'd ever been in his life, he felt as though things were crawling in his hair, and there were undoubtedly dark circles under his eyes.

Despite all of that, Lan Wangji looked at him the way he always had, and that, more than anything, made Wei Wuxian feel like hiding.

Since he couldn't hide physically, he decided to hide behind a wall of verbal thorns.

"Well, Lan Zhan?" he asked, "What are you going to do with this selfish prick?" He intentionally shifted in such a way that had Lan Wangji's eyes flicking down to his waist before they returned to his face.

"Lunch."

"Huh?" Wei Wuxian called out in confusion.

"Let's get a room. Eat and rest. Wei Ying looks tired."

Half a shi later, Wei Wuxian was seated at the low table in a double room, legs folded and hands in his lap as he stared at Lan Wangji.

Lan Wangji, who had led the way to the nearest town and inn, ordered a room for the two of them, lunch and a bath. When Wei Wuxian had jokingly asked for wine as well, Lan Wangji hadn't even argued. He'd just looked at the innkeeper and handed over a little more money.

Now, they were in their private room waiting on the food. Lan Wangji was bustling around and setting things up for the bath that he'd ordered. Privacy screen, soap, a pristine scrubbing brush that probably hadn't been used on anyone else's body first. It was a little intimidating, actually.

"Lan Zhan, what's going on with you?" he found himself asking, "Shouldn't I be the one taking care of you?"

"Wei Ying needs care now. He can take care of me later."

Wei Wuxian bristled at the words. "I need help , do I?" he snapped, hauling himself up to his feet and crossing his arms. "Terrible Wei Wuxian, all filled up with resentful energy, get the man some help before his body betrays him?"

Lan Wangji flinched at the word 'resentful energy' but did not seem to dwell on it for much long. Wei Wuxian knew that Lan Wangji wasn't too silly to not notice it already so he too kept shut, afraid that he might spill out more of his dark secrets.

Lan Wangji blinked at him. "Wei Ying needs a bath. Needs to eat. Needs clothes. Needs rest. I will take care of all your needs."

Well, it didn't feel great to know that Lan Wangji had noticed his desperate need of a bath. Or food. Or new clothes. But still, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but feel so weak and he just wanted to give in. He just wanted to let his husband take care of him. As Lan Wangji had mentioned earlier, he indeed was very tired.