🔹𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊🔹

There was a small mistake in this chapter as I had included Wei Wuxian's name by mistake. I have corrected it. I am so sorry for the confusion. I have been writing two stories back and forth so I got a little messed up. Very sorry. 

🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

The 'rocky island' quickly began moving away from the shore.

An oppressive aura surrounded this monstrous beast. Aside from Lan WangJi, Jin ZiXuan, and Wen ZhuLiu, everyone else began to retreat. Just when everyone thought that the beast hidden under the water would reveal itself, it suddenly stopped.

The beast had only been roused from its slumber when Jiang Cheng had jumped on its back without thinking. Now, he was staying deathly still, not moving at all.

Several exceptionally red maple leaves floated on top of the black water surrounding the 'rocky island.'

Underneath these leaves, in the depths of the underground lake, a pair of objects that looked like copper mirrors were emitting a yellow light.

The pair of copper mirrors got bigger and bigger, closer and closer. Jiang Cheng had a bad feeling about them, so he retreated two steps while dragging Wang Lingjiao with him. The 'ground' underneath his feet shook violently as it rose even higher, until the 'rocky island' was suspended high in the air. An enormous, black head rose up from underneath the maples leaves and broke out of the water!

As people cried out in fear, the monstrous beast slowly turned its neck, using its huge eyes to stare at the two people standing on its own back.

The beast's round head was very strange indeed – it looked both turtle-like and snake-like at the same time. Looking only at its head, it looked like a snake. But looking at its half-emerged, half-submerged body, it looked like...

Jiang Cheng: "...What a huge... tortoise."

The maple leaves that had been floating on the water's surface earlier had been stuck near its nose, so it had let out some air to get rid of the irritants. Wei WuXian continued to stand as still as a statue, but this little action had scared the crap out of Wang Lingjiao.

Wang Lingjiao knew of the beast's fondness for killing, so he interpreted the jets of steam as a sign of its coming rage. Even though there was a sword at his neck, he struggled wildly and screeched at Wen ZhuLiu, who was standing at the water's edge. "Why haven't you come to save me yet?! Hurry up and save me! Stop looking so distracted!"

Jiang Cheng gritted his teeth and snarled, "Idiot!"

Upon seeing that one of the two objects in front of its eyes was suddenly squirming like a bug and emitting ear-piercing sounds, the beast immediately became provoked. Its snake-like head quickly retracted backward before springing forward, its mouth wide open and ready to bite at its own back.

Jiang Cheng raised his arm and tossed Wen Chao's sword at the beast's head like a giant,

Jiang Cheng threw Wang Lingjiao to the shore and he too flew over.

Finally realizing the gravity of the situation, Wen Chao shouted, "Evacuate! Evacuate! Retreat immediately!"

His subordinates, who had been painstakingly sustaining themselves, had long been waiting for his senile self to order a retreat – they got on their swords and flew out the moment he gave the command. Wen Chao's sword had been thrown in the water by Wei WuXian, so he snatched a sword from someone else. With Wang LingJiao in his arms, he hopped on top of the sword and immediately rushed out, vanishing without a trace. The servants closely followed him out one after another. Jin ZiXuan roared, "Don't just stand there! Let's go!"