🔹𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓🔹

"Wen Chao," Wei Wuxian said, "I really want to kill you right here, right now. And close your chapter." Wei Wuxian tightened the grip on Wen Chao, piercing the sword lightly against his skin.

"N..no..." Wen Chao stuttered.

"Then, listen to me carefully. Would you?"

"Y...yeah.... I... I will listen to you. Ca...Can you please t...take the swords a lit..little away from me?"

"Listen to me first. Don't you dare go near Lan Zhan. I am not telling you this because I am afraid of his safety. I am just telling you so that you could save yourself beforehand. Understood?"

"Yes... Yes..."

"You better remember this in your shitty little brain. Not only you, anyone else from your clan gets closer to Lan Zhan, even if he doesn't do anything, you and your servants will burn dien to ashes on your own. If you don't believe me, you can test it for yourself."

"No.. No... We won't."

"That's more like it." Wei Wuxian was satisfied with this and he knew even if he let Wen Chao be near to Lan Wangji, Wen Chao wouldn't dare to go. He wouldn't risk his dear life.

Wei Wuxian pushed Wen Chao away from him and Wen Zhuliu caught him.

"Wei... Wei Wuxian! I won't... L..let you get away with this." He snarled.

Wei Wuxian smirked, not taking Wen Chao's words into attention. He knew Wen Chao would not let him out of the dungeon and there was no need for it anyways. As long as Lan Wangji was safe that was all that mattered.

"Just you wait!" Wen Chao yelled before hurrying away out of the dark dungeon, Wen Zhuliu and the other guards trailing behind him, leaving Wei Wuxian alone.

Left alone, Wei Wuxian crouched down, hitting his, head back on the wall. He clenched his eyes shut, his heart feeling very heavy.

'Lan Zhan,' he muttered into the empty darkness. 'I am sorry for leaving you alone.'

-

Lan Wangji did not know how long he had slept but he was very sure that he had slept for way too long than he had expected.

He woke up to the sounds of bird chirping outside the room and he felt so refreshed. He had never felt this way ever since he arrived here. And he knew, the only reason for him to be feeling this elated was, none other than, Wei Wuxian, his husband.

He blushed at the thought of his husband with whom he had consummated their marriage. It felt like a dream come true.

Never once did he expect for himself to fall in love with such a loud and cheerful person like Wei Wuxian and never once did he expect for his feelings to be returned. As much as he wanted Wei Wuxian to love him back, he still could not believe that Wei Wuxian did love him back despite him being cold, aloof and boring.

Lan Wangji never once imagined that he would get married to Wei Wuxian and that he would have a happy life with him. He thought, Wei Wuxian would maintain a distance with him forever as he had done during the initial stage of their marriage. Thinking back on it now, Lan Wangji realized how much of a fool he had been. Wei Wuxian too had always loved him, it's just that he had realized his feelings a little later.

Anyways, all things aside, Lan Wangji was on heavens now that he had bonded with Wei Wuxian and now they not only were they officially cultivation partners but, personally too. He was more than glad that he had finally been able to make his dream come true. Although he had never imagined their marriage consummation to be happened in such a place and although he would have loved it even more if it was in Jingshi or Wei Wuxian's room in Lotus Pier, he still loved this nevertheless.

Their first time, together, in Qishan.

This was the least thing he had expected when he had been brought to Qishan, his house burned and his brother lost.

Lan Wangji got up from the bed and saw his clothing. Wei Wuxian's red under-robe beneath his white layers. Although this wasn't his first time him wearing Wei Wuxian's clothes and he had already worn in Yunmeng, it still felt way too nice to think Wei Wuxian dressing him in his colours. He remembered Wei Wuxian saying that he would figure out a way to dress Lan Wangji in his colours beneath his thick white layers but he did not expect it to happen so soon.

And that was when Lan Wangji saw the red ribbon of Wei Wuxian's tied around his injured leg. His breath hitched, seeing it. Wei Wuxian had used his ribbon to secure Lan Wangji's bandage. The thought of Wei Wuxian tying around his ribbon made Lan Wangji see butterflies.

Lan Wangji removed the ribbon instantly from his legs and tied it around his wrist, his smile never leaving his face.

All of this was just too much!

Too much for him to feel all at once!

Wei Wuxian had moved him to tears!

Happy tears!

No one words could describe the happiness he was feeling right now!

It was just...

Lan Wangji tried to blink away his tears but he just could not help it. Lan Wangji had touched his heart so deep with his pure love and affection! It was all that Lan Wangji could ever dream of!

Speaking of which, where was Wei Wuxian?!

Lan Wangji had been so immersed in his thoughts of happiness that he had forgot Wei Wuxian for a whole minute.

Lan Wangji looked around but there was no sign of Wei Wuxian. He remembered Wei Wuxian saying earlier that he would bring him some food later but..

Lan Wangji sensed something bad and went up to the door, to check out for Wei Wuxian. Just as he was about to open the door, the door opened itself, revealing a Wen guard standing outside it.

"Lan Wangji, Second Master Wen had ordered to bring you to the other disciples for the night hunt. Now."