🔹𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞🔹

"Lan Zhan, I am still sleepy. Let's have a nap." Wei Wuxian said.

"Wei Ying, it's almost time for lunch."

"Er gege, you can't sleep with me?" Wei Wuxian asked pouting.

"I can but-..."

"Alright then, let me carry you to bed." Wei Wuxian leapt up.

"Wei Ying, wait, I-..." Lan Wangji clutched Wei Wuxian hard as he was picked up from the floor and taken to the bed.

"Wei Ying, put me down. You are still healing."

"Healing from what? Lan Zhan, did you think just because I don't have a golden core, I am weak? HanGuang-Jun, you has misjudged me. Even if you carry ten children in you, I will still be able to carry you."

The thought of having ten babies with Wei Wuxian made heat crawl up Lan Wangji's spine and he hid his face under the crook of Wei Wuxian's neck.

He was placed gently on the bed and Wei Wuxian crawled beside him, cuddling closer to him.

Soft noon light filtered into the jingshi, gently illuminating the figure laying in the bed beneath the window. Long black hair was splayed out across the white silk sheets, the bare back of Wei Wuxian rising and falling gently with each deep breath as he slumbered away.

Lan Wangji gently swept Wei Wuxian's hair away from his face, his lips curving into a soft smile and his eyes filled with adoration. Wei Wuxian shifted slightly, eyes fluttering open slowly. Lan Wangji was so amazed at how fast Wei Wuxian could drift off to sleep, despite the time of the day.

"Lan Zhan," he whispered quietly, a sleepy smile stretching across his face.

"Mn."

"Ah, my husband is so good to me!" Wei Wuxian pressed a wet kiss to his husband's cheek, throwing his arms around his neck.

Before Wei Wuxian could go on, Lan Wangji's lips were pressed firmly to his own. The kiss was soft and sweet, leaving Wei Wuxian's chest feeling warm. He pulled Lan Wangji closer, deepening the kiss briefly before pulling away and placing a kiss on his husband's nose. They catch each other's eyes for a moment, content with just being in the other's arms. Wei Wuxian leaned forward again to kiss him on the lips gently, then on one cheek, then the other, and then on the forehead. His soft laughter filtered through the jingshi, lightening the quiet atmosphere.

"I could kiss you all day, Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian said, bringing his forehead to rest against Lan Wangji's. "You're so perfect." His husband made a small noise of disagreement, shaking his head slightly.

"Wei Ying," he said, his tone insistent, "not perfect at all." He tried to tighten his arms around Wei Wuxian when he made to pull away, but Wei Wuxian reacted quicker. Sitting up, he looked down at Lan Wangji fondly.

"You are, Lan Zhan." Ducking his head down, he pressed a kiss to his forehead, moving down to his nose, his lips, then his chin. "You," a kiss to his neck, "are," a kiss on his collarbone, "so," a kiss to his bare chest where his inner robes had slipped open, "perfect." Moving back up, he kissed Lan Wangji firmly on the lips. Large hands settled on his waist, rolling him over onto his back. Wei Wuxian settled happily under his husband's weight, sighing as the kiss deepened. Lan Wangji's mouth drifted down to his neck, nipping lightly at the thin skin at the hollow of his throat. He sucked hard before moving back to admire the mark he'd left, his eyes filled with satisfaction. Wei Wuxian laughed and reached up to run his fingers through Lan Zhan's hair.

"Like what you see?" Lan Wangji gave a small nod.

"Mn. Mine."

Lan Wangji settled his weight down atop his husband and held him tightly. A sad smile fell across Wei Wuxian's face as he held his husband just as strongly. His heart ached to think about the three months his husband had spent mourning him, how much pain he had put him through with all their miscommunication. Sometimes he caught himself wishing that he'd chosen to go back to Gusu with him. Maybe they wouldn't have lost three months, maybe they would've already had three months of this happiness that surrounded them now, with many more to look forward to. Wei Wuxian blinked rapidly to fight back the tears threatening to overflow.

"I'm here now, Lan Zhan," he managed to choke out. "I'm here."

Using the hand he had tangled in his hair, Wei Wuxian pulled Lan Wangji's face up to meet his, kissing him fiercely. It was different than the kisses they'd shared before now; those ones had been soft and tender, full of love and contentedness. Now they were desperate, filled with years of longing and sadness. I'll always be here¸ Wei Wuxian tried to convey through the kiss. He let himself become lost in the taste of his husband, the feel of his hands across his body, to familiar scent of sandalwood. I love you.

As the disciples of the Cloud Recesses went on with their day, the couple hidden away in the jingshi remained oblivious to the rest of the world. It was just the two of them, their love for each other filling every corner of their home. In the soft light of the morning, quiet whispers of "I love you" and "I'm here" were the only sounds to be heard.

When at last they pulled away, Wei Wuxian found himself chuckling. "You know," he started, "wouldn't it be great if you stayed here all day? I'm sure your uncle will survive one day without you."

Lan Zhan's only response was a disapproving look, which only made Wei Wuxian begin to cackle hysterically.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" he shouted once his laughter had died down enough for him to speak.

"Mn." Lan Wangji sat up, pulling his husband along with him.

"Lan Zhan, thank you."

"For?"

"For this." Wei Wuxian said, placing his hand over Lan Wangji's clothed belly. Lan Wangji understood the meaning behind Wei Wuxian's words and held Wei Wuxian's hand in place over his belly.

"I should be thanking you, Wei Ying." He said instead.

"For?"

"For this." Lan Wangji said, pressing Wei Wuxian's hand over his belly.

Wei Wuxian laughed, his eyes tearing up.

"If you keep saying such sweet things to me, I might have to do terrible things to you," Wei Wuxian murmured, voice low and threatening. An emotion flitted across Lan Wangji's face, so fast Wei Wuxian could barely register it.

Wei Wuxian had just decided this was as good a time as any to act on his urges when a sudden pounding came from the door to the Jingshi.

Wei Wuxian jumped almost guiltily, but Lan Wangji just glanced toward the door, expression unreadable.

"Hanguang Jun! Grandmaster Lan is looking for you and Young Master Wei."

'Damn you, Lan Qiren!' Wei Wuxian thought.