Chapter 10- Showing off isn't the best idea. When it involves explosives.

Začať od začiatku

"Wow. That was close." I sigh, coming out from my hiding place and straightening up my neck as the four of us regroup by the closed elevator doors. 

"Louis, you are such an idiot. You'd better pray that Harry and Zayn can grab that case with Aspen when those elevator doors open." Liam sighs as the four of us wait for the elevator to come back up again. 

"Sorry..." I mumble again. 

Niall, being nicer than the others, pats me on the back, "Don't worry Lou, just don't do it again, we were so worried that you and Stuart had died for a second there." 

"Sorry." 

Stuart looks at the three of us, "Ok, Irish, Dad, Sassy, once we exit the elevator we've got to try to find where the others are at, but remember to keep in character, also, grab your phones out, pretend you're taking photos of the scenery, but really, take photos of whats happening, and hopefully, whats inside that briefcase." 

We all nod, before stepping into the elevator and enduring the long silent drop back to the French ground. 

Soon the elevator doors are sliding open again and the four of us swiftly step out, putting our shades on and beginning to walk around the bottom of the tower. 

"Where are they?" I mutter to Niall as we walk, pointing at random things and gasping over birds and such. 

"Over there silly." Niall whispers back, cocking his head over to the grassy strip. 

I look in the direction and gasp a little, Aspen is nowhere to be seen, but it looks like Harry and Zayn are having an animated conversation with Daniel and the other three dudes. 

"What the hell?" I gasp. 

The four of us quickly stride over to the group and grin, like we'd lost Zayn and Harry whilst buying drinks or something. 

"Daniel!" I grin, "What are you doing here?"  

Daniel smiles as the four of us approach the group, "Hey guys! I've just been having a wee look around France, you know, taking in the sights and stuff. Harry and Zayn were just telling me they'd lost you when they'd gone up the Eiffel Tower, it's pretty crowded, isn't it?" 

Niall grins, "Yes, it is! But we've found you all now!" 

"So," Liam starts in a joking tone, "Are these three your new bodyguards or something?" 

Daniel chuckles a little, but it's an awkward, unsure kind of chuckle, "Uh, no. I'm just doing business, you know? Noting you lads need to worry about." 

The five of us smile, pretending to let it slide, but really, we still want to find out whats in that briefcase. 

Stuart's standing behind us, arms crossed, like a protective bodyguard. 

I smile cheerily at the three men, extending my arm, "Hi, I'm Louis, what are your names?" 

The men look taken aback, but the rest of the lads just shrug, basically saying, 'he does this everyday.' 

Daniel interrupts, pointing towards the three men, "This is Derek, Peter and Henry." 

"Oh, hi." We all say warmly to the three men. 

They all nod once at us, before looking to Daniel, who just smiles casually at them. 

"Well, er..." Daniel starts, a little awkwardly, "I guess I'd better get going now." 

"Uh, yeah, same with us..." Harry replies. 

We begin to part ways when Niall decides to walk dangerously close to the man carrying the briefcase, pretending to text on his phone so he has an excuse for not looking at where he is going.