Chapter 35 - Glory & Gore

Hey guys!

Wow, we're finally here, the charity concert.

Uhm, what can I say? Wow! I can't believe I'm writing this part now!

100 votes for the next chapter

(I think it kinda deserves the votes, cause it's intense!)

Ok, enjoy!

WARNING:

This chapter is pretty intense, and quite interesting, with some unexpected twists...

Let the charity concert unfold.....

Liam’s P.O.V.

I stand in the gadgets chamber under the MI8 London HQ with the rest of the band, and JJ.

Aspen and Stuart had left earlier this morning, off to scout out the arena.

I give Aspen and Stuart a weak smile as they go around giving the five of us hugs.

“Good luck.” I murmur into Aspens ear as she pulls me into an embrace.

She nods, “I will, stay safe Liam. I know you can do this. Stay strong.”

Then she moves on and gives the other lads a hug, talking to them as well, reminding them that everything is going to be ok.

I give Stuart a quick hug, “Good luck Stu.”

Stuart gives me a quick smile, “Haha, I’ll try to have some. I’ll just have to keep my wits about me.”

I’ve made pretty good friends with both Aspen and Stuart during the duration of the mission, and seeing them off like this is hard, I know I should see them this evening, and will be able to communicate via earpiece with them. But what if this is the last time I see either of them in person for good?

I push the thought out of my head.

I look over to see Aspen giving Harry a loving kiss before the two of them hug again, 

Then they’re gone, heading away in the elevator. Gadgets and weapons ready to go.

“Lads?” JJ asks, looking at us all.

It looks like I’m not the only one who has tuned out for the moment, worrying.

JJ gives the five of us a stern look, “Guys, you need to be alert and strong this afternoon. Ok?”

The five of us nod silently.

“Right.” JJ sighs, “Here are your bullet and fireproof jackets and undershirts.”

JJ passes us each two shirts, the fire proof one is a singlet like top, and the bullet proof one looks like the kind of jacket each of us would wear.

“Now,” JJ explains, “As you can see, these will only protect you from getting hit by a bullet in the heart. Which means, you head, legs and arms are pretty exposed, so these do not mean that you lads are invincible. You have to be extremely careful. These are just last resorts.”

We all nod silently again, following JJ over to another section of the chamber, where she comes to stand in front of a large wall, covered in different guns.