Chapter 42 - Recovery

Hey guys!

Wow! It's been a while! - Ok, it's Andie's excuse time!:

Reason I haven't updated in ages: Is because I have a christmas time job in between studies. So, when it's Christmas I am super busy! (I really wish I could tell you all where I work so you could come and say hi, BUT, hardly any of you live in my city, let alone my country, so that's not going to work :) Plus, you all know what I'm like about giving out information online.

Anyway, you'll all be happy to know that due to wanting this novel finished by the new year, it won't be too long until the next chapter is posted!

Only.... 60 votes to be exact! (You guys can do that in no time at all!)

Well, I hope you all enjoy the chapter, it's pretty plot twisty....

I hope you are all having a great day in the lead up to Christmas or whatever you celebrate!

And I hope you all enjoy this highly anticipated chapter!

Louis’ P.O.V.

The six of us are gathered in JJ’s office, watching one of the multiple screens in the room as Serena’s court case plays out live for us all.

We couldn’t go, for obvious reasons. By now Serena has no idea how she got caught, probably thinks it was the police or something, and she has  definitely forgotten about us lads being involved. Thank goodness, I wouldn’t want her to have a grudge against us, who knows what she’d get up to.

The black screen flickers, and the court case begins.

“Oh, how did they get caught?” Liam asks, as the MI8 camera pans to show Peter, Henry and Derek also present in the court. Standing with Serena. 

The four of them look really pissed off, to say the least, Serena has the most disgusted look on her face, and the three men are all pretty angry, as guards stand around them, ready to taze them if they lash out. Serena keeps looking down at her handcuffs, scowling at them, and then at the judge.

JJ looks to Liam as we wait for the hearing to begin, “MI8 informed the airports and police anonymously about the three men’s involvement, they were caught at Heathrow airport whilst you were all waiting for Jess in hospital.”

We all smile a little, glad that the three men are also going to pay for the damage they have done.

The hearing starts, and we watch Serena and the men’s faces as the judge and lawyers read out the stats of that tragic night, the fifteen dead, two hundred injured. Serena doesn’t even look the slightest bit contrite, the mad woman doesn’t even care.

Soon, the case is finished, and Serena Storm has a life sentence in jail for what she has done. Her reply is screaming and yelling obscenities at the judge as five burly security guards carry her out kicking and spitting. 

Gone is the composed woman from Vegas, in this moment we can all clearly see who Serena is, how evil she’s been all along. I hope she spends the rest of her life thinking about what she’s done.

The three men also get a life sentence, but will be allowed to get let out in twenty years on good behavior, as they accepted their fate better than Serena, and never shot at anyone point blank like Serena did to Daniels’ wife.

JJ points a small remote at the screen as the hearing ends, and the screen flickers back to one of the many views from world security cameras that she has access to.