Chapter 5- Harry Styles, Badminton and A Girl. Oh no.

Chapter 5.  

The next day... (Final Day of Training.)

Niall’s P.O.V

“What?!” The five of us gasp in unison, as we stare at JJ, our mouths ajar.

JJ laughs slightly, “I’ll explain to you once more, I’ve decided to cut training short, you all get the day off, I’ll see you tomorrow for a mission briefing, but for now, go and enjoy yourselves boys!” 

I share a glance with Louis, “Is she serious?”

Louis raises his eyebrows, “Beats me, well, let’s go and enjoy this while it lasts lads!”

The five of us grin at JJ and race out of her office, heading outside to the courts to play some sports.

“Who wants to verse me in badminton?” Harry questions as the five of us sprint over to the huge courts, one for ball games, the other for racket.

“I will!” Liam shouts back, and the two of them grab a racket each from the supply area, racing over to the net.

Luckily there’s no wind today, so you can actually play badminton outside, but on the other hand, it’s hot, really hot. 

“Shall we shoot some hoops?” Zayn suggests, grabbing a bright orange basketball, Louis and I nod and pick our own basketballs before joining him on the courts.

“I can’t believe this is the last day of training, and we get to spend it like this!” Louis laughs, aiming his ball at the hoop looming above us.

I run around casually, dribbling my ball as I try to stay in the shade, I’m worried I’ll get burnt to a crisp out here.

“It was out!” I hear Harry yell from the badminton courts.

“NO, it was IN.” Liam replies sternly.

I groan under my breath, we always get like this with badminton, no matter who’s playing.

“IT. WAS. OUT. It’s my point. Deal with it Liam!” Harry shouts back, pointing the where the shuttlecock is resting on the ground.

I decide to intervene before things get out of hand, striding quickly over to the other court.

“Shut up both of you! Just replay it!” I interrupt, barging in on their stupid squabble.

“He’s right, you know.” Liam groans, picking up the shuttlecock off the blue astroturf and chucking it over the net to Harry.

Harry catches the shuttlecock skilfully and glances at me, “Niall, can you ref?”

I look at the two of them, you could cut the tension in this court with a knife, “Sure.”

“Great!” Liam sighs, and the two of them get into position again, Harry serving the shuttlecock.

We decide to do first to twenty-one, and half an hour later, Harry has finally won, with Liam coming close behind with a score of eighteen.

“I knew I would win.” Harry scoffs, sauntering across the court as he twirls his racket in his hand.

Liam walks slowly behind him, “He’s so full of himself with this game, I’m never playing against him again.”

I pat Liam on the back as he walks up to me, “Don’t worry, hopefully he’ll get a taste of his own medicine soon.”

Harry gives the two of us a smug smile, “OK, who wants to verse me now?”