I was going to say I missed him, too, but I chose with ignoring that part. "Did you say my jokes aren't funny?"

He chuckled suddenly, and I felt it had been so long since I heard that from him, although it was only a few days prior. "I'm only kidding."

I knew he wasn't, but didn't care. "So you're going to see him?"

He breathed deeply. "I don't know, Diana... It's gonna be awkward as fuck."

"Well you're an awkward, guy." I joked.

"Y'know, you really got me fucked up if I missed you making fun of me."

"That's called love, Charles." I joked once more.

"Don't call me that, you sound like my grandma."

I laughed at him, feeling lighter than I had in so long. "Hi Chance." Chris suddenly spoke, and I was reminded that he was in the same room, listening to our conversation. I flushed, realizing we probably sounded like stupid children.

"Chris?" Charlie's deep voice spoke in confusion. "Where'd Diana go?"

"I'm still here." I said, feeling like I was patting a child's hand to let him know I wasn't going anywhere.

"You're on speaker. You doin alright?" Chris asked, casually. Kindly, but still with a hint of hardness that said he only asked because it was right.

"I'm fine." He told Chris as if it were a usual response to that question, but he was always honest with me.

"Diana said you're going to see your dad?"

I knew Charlie was annoyed that I told him in that moment. "Of course she did..." He muttered. "Uh, yeah. I am."

"I'm glad to hear that, man. Good for you."

"Yeah. Can I talk to Diana alone?"

"No."

I rolled my eyes. "It's fine, Charlie, forget he's here."

"No, it's weird." 

That stubborn man was being so... stubborn. I saw that coming, but was quite irritated with Chris for having to say something like the idiot he was. "Stop being difficult, this is the only way we can talk to each other."

He sighed deeply, and eased up on me immediately. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. When and where are you going to see him?"

"I should be on my way now, but-"

"Jesus, Charlie."

"But he deserves to wait. I was planning on being late, anyway. I want him to think I'm not really gonna come because he's a pathetic asshole."

"What are you wearing?"

"Diana, don't get kinky with me right now, your brother is here." He joked as well, and I had to laugh at him, knowing that Chris knew he was joking, too.

"You're an idiot."

"I didn't know what to wear, so I'm going in that plain green shirt."

"Wear the white polo, it brings out your eyes." I half joked, because it really did bring out his creamy coffee eyes.

I could see him rolling his eyes at me, but listening anyway. "No, mom."

"You say no, but I know you're looking for it in your closet right now."

"Shut up." He told me.

From the office with Chris, I heard the front door open and slam shut, and heard Austin shout that he was here. Chris looked at me, telling me to bring the conversation to an end before Austin came up.