"When?"

"Thursday."

"You're not allowed to be talking to him, Diana, how did he tell you?" He demanded, but not in a demanding way. Chris used his psychologist skills to sound calm and at ease, but he was my brother. And I knew he was not happy about the fact that I spoke to Charlie when I wasn't allowed to.

"We're still able to talk during lunch, idiot. And after school." 

Chris looked frustrated. "What is the matter with the two of you?-"

"It doesn't matter that we talked, Chris, think about him. He's your friend."

"He's not my friend, and you know that."

"He was."

"That was before he was sneaking around with you, and that's weird. So no, he's not my friend."

"You're supposed to be a reasonable man. Don't you see how ridiculous it is that you won't even talk to him?" I knew what I was saying was getting to him. I was glad, too, because Chris was closest to me at the time and I was beginning to convince him to allow me to talk to Charlie. "He doesn't have anyone if you take away his friends, too."

Chris was silent for a while, and I saw that his mind was feeling for Charlie. He seemed to be thinking of an alternative to how he was treating his old friend, and I knew it bothered him. Finally, he spoke. "Is he really planning on seeing his father?"

"That's what he told me. He was also not sure if he was going, but I told him to. Now that he doesn't have anyone to talk to, I have no idea what he's planning on doing."

My brother groaned loudly, rubbing his head. "Dammit, the guys are going to kill me for this..." He grabbed his phone and dialed. "You stay in here, and put it on speaker."

I jumped up when he went to grab his phone and I hugged him tightly, thanking him repeatedly, and he only pushed me back like a brother would. "Wait," My expression turned to confusion. "Why do you have to monitor our conversation? He's not selling me drugs or anything."

"Don't ask questions, be happy I'm letting you talk to the creep."

"I am happy, thank you. But he's not a creep."

Chris ignored me and turned the phone on speaker.

"What." That curt voice brought goosebumps to me, and I missed him so much, the giddy feeling in me wanted to hug that angry man and feel him warm beside me.

"What's with you?" I said with a hint of sarcasm, as if he knew he was talking to me, and I heard as the tension lessened. I loved that about us.

"Diana," He breathed out in strong relief. "God, it feels so good to hear your voice. Cole told me about the journalists, are you okay? I wanted to go over there, but I didn't want to risk anything."

I smiled. "Yes, I'm fine. I don't think they're here anymore but I can't be too sure. I called because I wanted to see if you're doing okay."

"When am I ever doing okay without you?" He flatly asked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I mean because you're going to see you dad, right?"

He cursed on the other line. "I don't know what I'm going to do about that..."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what to wear, or what to say, or how to fucking feel. I'm a mess without you here to make stupid jokes that you think are funny when they aren't, or do that thing where you pet me like a dog and it's degrading, but I still really like it for some reason. Or when you tell me things I don't want to hear but they're true, like how I need to see my dad even if I don't want to and shit. Man, I miss you."