Forever?

*Skylar's pov*

"Skylar....Will you marry me?"

Nothing seemed real in this moment. Though my continous confusion through the entire situation was overwhelming, this succeeded everything I have felt. It seemed like yesterday was the day he came into the bar for the first time. It felt like yesterday was the day we kissed for the first time. It felt like yesterday was the first day we exchanged "I love you". It felt like I just met him again.

All of the pain of what he did seemed to flutter away, but was I ready for this? Was I ready for this kind of commitment in my life? Was I ready to trust him again. Was HE ready for this? Was he prepared for my constant nagging? Was he ready for my crazy bipolar mood swings, and my turning tables of emotions? Was he ready to be tied down to me forever?..

Forever. That word seemed longer than ever. It felt like hundreds of lifetimes stacked up on my shoulders. It was as if every bit of idea I had for my future had shifted into a confused, messy whirlwind that never stops moving. I never linked forever and happy, but I was starting to. I didn't know what I needed to do.

Alex coughed, emerging me from my thoughts. "Sky...?" he called quietly, looking at me with pleading eyes. I stared at him, not a word coming out of my mouth. The wind had gotten warmer and light wind traveled through the streets of Baltimore, rumbling some leaves in its path. He stepped back from me slightly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blurted out like that...I shouldn't have rushed you..I didn't know what else to do. You were about to leave and I didn't know what else to say that showed what I wanted. Not that it was the first time I was thinking about asking you. I just-"

"shh." I put my finger to his lips. He grabbed my hand and held it against his face, closing his eyes against it. I let out a sigh as the silence grew longer. Only the sounds our breath and the rumbling leaves could be heard. "Yes." I mumbled, at almost a whisper. He opened his eyes and jolted up. He still had a hold of my hand, but this time he had a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. "W-what did you say?" the hopeful glimmer mixed with shock as I opened my mouth to speak. "Yes. I'll marry you." I let tears fall as I spoke, happy tears of course. He smiled a toothy grin that I've never seen before.

He picked me up and spun me around in joy. "Yay yay yay yay yay, I love you so much. You won't be disappointed. I'll be the best husband ever!..." he kept rambling on things like that , it was adorable. He stopped and put me down, smiling. He pulled me close and and rested his hand on my cheek. He kissed me sweetly, picking me up and carrying me back in our room.

Let's just say, it was an amazing 'sleep'.

***
hey guys, sorry it took me so long to update.
& I don't want to write a 50 shades of Grey novel in this, so you make up your own ending to this chapter. (;
thank you all so much for reading.