break.

*Alex'sPOV*

I really didn't mean for this to happen. None of it. I love Skylar, I really do. I was drunk and sad and Emily was there to comfort me. She's liked me for a while, I just didn't know who else to go to. I didn't want to go to Skylar because I know she's going through enough. But Emily came onto me and I didn't want to hurt her because she's on the verge of ending it all and I wanted to be there for her too.

I heard movement in the kitchen, followed by soft humming and lovely smells. I got out of my mind and walked into the delicious smelling room to see Skylar cooking something. She was humming what sounded like bodybag by beartooth, aka her obsession at the moment.(if you don't like beartooth, go away) I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, burying my face in her hair which was in a messy ponytail. She stiffened slightly and then eased into my grip with a sigh. Something seemed wrong but before I could ask, she pushed me into the counter and kissed me.
I of course reacted. I kissed her back, allowing my hands to explore her sides. After things got heated, she stopped. She looked at me in the eyes and asked "do you love me?" I nodded. "Would you change anything about me?" I shook my head, and looked at her confused. "Would you change how things are?" She had tears in her eyes and I was so confused. "No of course not." She backed away and turned off the oven. "Then why did you cheat?" She asked coldly, hurt laced through her words.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I didn't know what to say. She sunk into a ball against the bottom cabinets and started to cry. I took a cautious step forward and tried to calm her down. I put my hand on her shoulder. "DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TOUCH ME." She screamed. She didn't deserve this. "HOW COULD YOU ALEX?! WAS I TOO BORING? TOO MUCH TO HANDLE? WAS I BAD FOR YOUR EGO? TELL ME WHAT IT FUCKING IS. YOURE THE FIRST PERSON IVE TRUSTED IN 3 YEARS. DO YOU THINK THIS IS SONE SORT OF JOKE?!" She was choking on her tears building up.

"Skylar, I can explain. Its not as bad as it looks. I love you so much, I never meant for this to happen.." I said desperately. I didn't want her to leave. I needed her. "No. I dont want to hear your excuses. I can't believe a word that comes out of your fucking mouth. You know what Alex, I should've seen this coming. How could I have been so stupid? How could I actually believe someone like you could love me. You can be happy with Emily, I want be in the way anymore." With that she walked out of the room, running up the stairs, avoiding my eyes.

I sunk down and put my head in my hands. How could I have done that to her? I can't believe I just fucked everything up. Jack came into the kitchen, looking worried as hell. "Alex, what's wrong with Skylar? She just slammed the bedroom door and she's laying on the bed crying. She won't tell anyone what's wrong." I sighed and wiped my eyes, preparing myself for what I was about to get.

"I did something really bad Jack. I cheated on her..." His eyes got wide, and jack, of all people, slapped me across the face. I deserved it. "WHAT THE HELL ALEX." I told him the story, which didn't ease any of the anger. Suddenly I heard a suitcase roll down the stairs and sit in the foyer. My whole world broke, in that moment of realization .. Skylar was leaving..