Even though our feelings for each other was out in the open, and I decided to stop straying from her I was still finding it hard to be unapologetic about it all the time the way she was.
I chose her, and I chose to stick with her and follow her to the ends of the earth. I made the decision to never run away from her again, and I didn't regret that.
It was just hard to bask in the moonlight with a beautiful angel without feeling guilty. It was hard to accept affection without kicking myself for it.
We finally made it to my place.
I shifted her clothes to one hand and unlocked the door with the other to let her in. I stepped inside and lit the lantern on my desk. I noticed that my glasses were sitting out in the open and quickly sat her folded clothes on top of them before she could see.
"It's very roomy in here," she said awkwardly as she sat the bag in the corner of the room.

     "I don't really have a lot of personal belongings," I said as I turned around and leaned against my desk

"I don't really have a lot of personal belongings," I said as I turned around and leaned against my desk. "Section Commanders also get bigger rooms for some reason."
"I see," she said quietly as she looked around until her eyes fell on my made bed. She stared at it with tired eyes.
"You should get some rest," I said softly as I let my eyes fall to the ground.
"If it's okay with you," she started nervously, "I'd like to bathe and change into some clean clothes."
She was still wearing the ODM gear we recovered from her kidnappers, and even though she changed her shirt once we got back so I wouldn't have to stare at the blood of her injuries I knew it was probably still dried to her body.
"Of course," I said lightly and pointed to the door behind her. "There's a small shower in my bathroom."
She whipped her head around but quickly turned back to me.
"You even have your own bathroom?" she laughed. "Oh, to be a Section Commander."
"Sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be," I sighed.
"Maybe so," she smiled and crossed her arms over her chest, "but at least you don't have to use the communal shower. Those shower rooms are gross."
"Yeah," I said, "I remember using them before I got promoted."
"Ah."
She stood awkwardly and swayed back and forth after our nervous small talk fizzled to an end, and I could tell she didn't feel comfortable making herself at home.
I straightened my posture away from my desk and walked over to open the bathroom door. I set the lantern that sat on my dresser by the sink and set out a towel from the cabinet.
"Come on," I said softly as I stepped out and motioned with my head for her to go in. She flashed me grateful eyes as she slowly shut the door and her image was replaced with wooden boards.
I stood outside the door for several moments as I listened to her turn the water on from the other side and tried to take in everything that was going on.
The entire situation was a shit show, and the circumstance of her staying wasn't ideal in the slightest, but I continually caught myself getting flustered with it all.
For the first time in my life someone was going to be staying in my room, and a woman at that, but not just any woman.
Mercy.
The girl who stole my heart and all my willpower. The girl who holds the heavens in her eyes and whose blood courses with that of a saint.
I felt guilty for being overjoyed about being closer to her considering the situation, but it was so fulfilling not having to spend my nights alone with only my thoughts to keep me company.
I walked over to my desk and picked some comfortable looking clothes from her folded wardrobe and laid them on the end of my bed after hiding my glasses in one of my desk drawers.
I sat down in my chair and turned it away so it wouldn't face the bathroom.